BDL 2019 Divisional Round: #5 Camden Hood Rats @ #4 Singapore Sentinels

TedLavie

BDL 2019 Divisional Round: #5 Camden Hood Rats @ #4 Singapore Sentinels  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Singapore Sentinels

This poll is closed to new votes

I was expecting a better game.  JLash outclassed in the writeups, SirA didn't step up his game for the playoffs.  Two very good teams.  Singapore missed some opportunities with basically leaving Waller out of the game except in jumbos, having Juszick in on 3 wide sets rather than Waller?  Think Singapore was moving in the right direction to create mismatches/get strong players off/weak players in and open up the run game, but the execution didn't happen.  I think Jones as SPY on Lamar is great within their defensive scheme and will limit big plays.  Camden running 3 in routes often seems like a mistake, but bullet dodged.  Camden 31 - 14

• Like 1

I’ve got to go Camden here after revisiting this. Jlash is a great game planner and his Lamar led team is extremely dangerous. And I have to agree with Pheltz, Waller is a matchup nightmare and he is not used enough here. The top team in the worst division falls (Yes I’m in this division) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

I was expecting a better game.  JLash outclassed in the writeups, SirA didn't step up his game for the playoffs.  Two very good teams.  Singapore missed some opportunities with basically leaving Waller out of the game except in jumbos, having Juszick in on 3 wide sets rather than Waller?  Think Singapore was moving in the right direction to create mismatches/get strong players off/weak players in and open up the run game, but the execution didn't happen.  I think Jones as SPY on Lamar is great within their defensive scheme and will limit big plays.  Camden running 3 in routes often seems like a mistake, but bullet dodged.  Camden 31 - 14

I almost didn't get one in. I started this one at 1130am on Sunday. I knew I wasn't winning ahead of time.

GG @Jlash

• Like 1

I'm going with Camden but a few comments: 

Lamar's IRL success has largely come from running heavy 2 and 3 TE sets IRL. Camden doesn't have the guys to really do that, at least not a high level for BDL purposes. That's fine, elite WRs force the defence to focus on the outside and deeper areas anyway which opens things up. However, I think it was critical to go light, 6 DBs + Jones. Why's Ragland there? Bring K Jax to the LOS and bring Harmon in as a center-fielder. In my opinion, especially with that DL, I think Cover 2 and rushing 4 was the play and limiting Camden to field goals at worst. 

Looking at Singapore on the offensive side of the ball, it's just not great. Rodgers is obviously one of the top QBs, but the OL doesn't inspire me much and the skill position guys are kinda eh. Now Camden's D is built to stop the run effectively but even with a high quality secondary, I have my doubts because that pass-rush isn't very good. I give Camden the edge nonetheless here as well because even with time, I back Byard, Adams, Ward and Bouye to do a good enough job and to be frank, Witherspoon and Coleman match up favourably with Beasley and Moore so even going extra on the perimeter hasn't helped Singapore. 

I actually think this is a very close match all things considered, closer than many have suggested, but ultimately there is a bit of a talent gap on offense which swings it Camden's way.