Bowl Season Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

Just now, thrILL! said:

They’re handling Jenkins and Moss quite easily.  Texas is back*!!!

* allegedly 

They are back until they aren't.  

And this is with Todd Herman calling plays on both sides of the ball too.  Guess Utah's guys were sleepwalking since they didn't get a ranked opponent.  

Here are new bowls I have proposed for the 2026-31 bowl cycle, after realignment has kicked in

Xfinity Ben Franklin Bowl
Site: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
Tie-ins: ACC/ND/Big Ten VS. Big 12
Note: Predicated on Temple, based in Philadelphia, joining the Big 12. Game would air on NBCSN; Comcast, the parent of the network and Xfinity, is based in Philadelphia

Coca-Cola Bowl
Site: Georgia State Stadium, Atlanta
Tie-ins: C-USA VS. Sun Belt
Note: I have projected nearby Kennesaw State to join C-USA, making them the second G5 conference with a team in metro Atlanta (Georgia State of the Sun Belt)

Wal-Mart Diamond Bowl
Site: War Memorial Stadium, Little Rock
Tie-ins: C-USA VS. Sun Belt
Note: I have Arkansas State joining C-USA and Central Arkansas joining the Sun Belt

Jackson Hewitt Garden State Bowl
Site: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford
Tie-ins: MAC VS. UMass (odd years only) or at-large
Note: I have nearby Fordham becoming a football-only member of the MAC

Progressive Insurance Lake Erie Bowl
Site: First Energy Stadium, Cleveland
Tie-ins: Big Ten VS. MAC

Firestone Rubber Bowl
Site: InfoCision Stadium at Summa Field, Akron
Tie-ins: ACC/ND VS. MAC
Note: I have Cincinnati joining the ACC; the bowl is named in part after the former Rubber Bowl stadium, which in turn was named after Akron being Rubber Capital of the World

Many of the exsiting non-NY6 bowls would also change tie-ins

Edited by pf9

I dunno how to take this. Second year in a row we've gotten a "just missed out of playoffs" team in a bowl and for the second time we've taken them behind the woodshed. Are the teams we're facing just completely unmotivated, or are we actually that good when we actually try? And if we are that good, why does it take a bowl game to bring it out?

I feel like we do actually have the potential, I'm just wondering what it takes to bring it out. And a good deal of that's on Herman.

Edited by Longhorns90
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Navy came thru in the clutch.  What a playcall.  

I was worried for a minute without the timeouts.  I knew Ken was playing for the field goal, but they were letting a lot of time burn off the clock.  It was a gutsy playcall, and they nearly lost it, as there was some confusion before they went for the spike.  

Malcolm Perry is such a great talent, though.  He's small in stature, but he's got the same frame as Chris Thompson with the Redskins.  I think he can be an effective change of pace back in the NFL, and hope he gets a shot with someone (probably the Patriots, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins or Ravens taking a flier on him.) 

• Like 1