2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

6 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It sounds like Simi ****tu is between AZ and Oregon with Arizona having the slight edge atm.  There's a juicy rumor that Kentucky won't offer him b/c Barrett might not want to play with him.  They were teammates in HS in Florida and also on the Canadian Team.  It's weird because he was a UK lean for the longest time.

Oregon has also cooled on him for that reason. We were thought to be the leaders before but I think the staff thinks they have a legitimate shot at Barrett.

36 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Oregon has also cooled on him for that reason. We were thought to be the leaders before but I think the staff thinks they have a legitimate shot at Barrett.

Well that's not as risky for Kentucky as it is for Arizona and Oregon.  I'd take him if it meant losing out on Barrett.  Don't think Simi has the highest ceiling but I think he'll produce right away.  I'm not high on Shareef.

Just reading it from Zona's perspective, from what I understand Book took money to try convince a player to sign with an apparel or agent company? Meh.

edit: And maybe some money going to one player trying to get them to sign with a company.

Schools are not on the hook, according to United States Attorney Joon Kim. The assistants at USC, Arizona, Oklahoma State and Auburn are all implicated, but neither the schools themselves -- nor the head coaches at those schools -- have been levied with any allegations.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/explaining-the-fbi-probe-and-the-corruption-scandal-rocking-college-basketball/

The FBI says the schools are victims, let's see what the NCAA says.

Archived