Mariota

66PinG

Does anyone think Mariota could go 3-2 in a 5 game stretch, similar to what the saints had to do this year without Brees?

If you don’t think he can do that then no... the only point in having a vet backup is perfectly illustrated this year. Youre in the window and if a QB goes down the backup can go .500 or better.

I don’t think Mariota can honestly.

49 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Does anyone think Mariota could go 3-2 in a 5 game stretch, similar to what the saints had to do this year without Brees?

If you don’t think he can do that then no... the only point in having a vet backup is perfectly illustrated this year. Youre in the window and if a QB goes down the backup can go .500 or better.

I don’t think Mariota can honestly.

Hmm what makes you say that? He certainly hasn't lived up to expectations, but you can do a lot worse than Mariota as a backup. 

He's basically 2019 Aaron Rodgers except he's not afraid to throw interceptions. 

7 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Hmm what makes you say that? He certainly hasn't lived up to expectations, but you can do a lot worse than Mariota as a backup. 

He's basically 2019 Aaron Rodgers except he's not afraid to throw interceptions. 

I just think for GB... he couldn’t. Honestly most QBs can’t. I prefer young young guys to be backups for this team. I just think if Rodgers goes down that’s it for the team. 

Even though the team is stronger than in years past... I just feel like it’s still too much about Rodgers. And it’s just tough to adjust, as well as this coaching staff is still young/early on in its time here. How they adjusted with Adams down is one step in the plus column for me to believe. But I still feel this offense is based on Rodgers instead of say the QB position in general.

I guess the easiest way to put it... is it feels like GB is running some horrible monster hybrid of LaFleur’s system because of Rodgers... instead of Rodgers running LaFleur’s system and they just work within it with the things that highlight Rodgers skills.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I just think for GB... he couldn’t. Honestly most QBs can’t. I prefer young young guys to be backups for this team. I just think if Rodgers goes down that’s it for the team. 

Even though the team is stronger than in years past... I just feel like it’s still too much about Rodgers. And it’s just tough to adjust, as well as this coaching staff is still young/early on in its time here. How they adjusted with Adams down is one step in the plus column for me to believe. But I still feel this offense is based on Rodgers instead of say the QB position in general.

I guess the easiest way to put it... is it feels like GB is running some horrible monster hybrid of LaFleur’s system because of Rodgers... instead of Rodgers running LaFleur’s system and they just work within it with the things that highlight Rodgers skills.

Gotcha. The way I see it, if QB1 is out then my expectations revert to 0 so Mariota going in there and giving us a shot would at least keep my interest.

Watching Kizer last year was miserable. That season couldn't end fast enough.

55 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Gotcha. The way I see it, if QB1 is out then my expectations revert to 0 so Mariota going in there and giving us a shot would at least keep my interest.

Watching Kizer last year was miserable. That season couldn't end fast enough.

But at Rodgers age... is Mariota the answer moving forward? No so he isn’t interesting. Rather see a young guy with potential... at LEAST Hundley and Kizer had THAT when they took the field for us.

So again my point is you get a vet if your window is open and to safe guard against short term injury.

Unless everyone feels LaFleur and company can Sean Payton this and create a different offense for Mariota to succeed. I think you use the backup spot to look for the heir apparent.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

But at Rodgers age... is Mariota the answer moving forward? No. So again my point is  you get a vet if your window is open and to safe guard against short term injury.

Unless everyone feels LaFleur and company can Sean Payton this and create a different offense for Mariota to succeed. I think you use the backup spot to look for the heir apparent.

Agreed. This QB class this year is full of busts waiting to happen IMHO. Mariota at least gets you to 2021 when the class will be inherently better; at least at the top of the class. My only concern with an heir apparent is that we're going to have to give up too much to trade up one of these years. We need to find a guy who can ride the pine for a year or two as unheard of as that is and be ready to play when called upon.