WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

Just now, N4L said:

I had the same thought but there is definitely risk. I do agree about the clock in that situation too. If we don't get it and they score a TD maybe we get it back with 1m left 

I think it was somewhat of a coinflip, so I don't have an issue with that decision, but even though the non-timeout ended up working out, it was the wrong call based on percentages, which is what I have a problem with. 9/10 you should call a timeout there. We got a touch lucky by having jim harbaugh running their offense for one play and them not getting lined up in time LOL 

It would have been a straight up, "Only BB and I have the stones to make this sort of decision" baller move lol (and 10 years after he made that decision, which is kind of appropriate).  But I honestly don't think it would have been "bad". Certainly risky. But I gotta be honest, I just trust the offense more to pick up a yard than I do the defense to stop  Seattle from going 70 yards in over 2 minutes....which is kind of it's own set of issues. I want the game to be decided by the unit I feel most comfortable with, and right now that is most certainly the offense.

Then again, I'm kind of crazy aggro with the 4th downs.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Thats okay, I said it at the time and I'll say it again - I still think that we should have went for it on 4th and 1 after that 16 yard third down play. I get that it would have been slightly crazy, we were only at the 30 and there was only 2:30 left on the clock, but I honestly felt more confident about picking up that first down with the offense than I did about hte defense getting a stop even if we punted it. So I figured even if we gave it up, it'd probably happen quicker at the very least lol.

This. Also Kyle going into a shell near half time after that outside screen disaster. The crowd was still lethargic, and Seattle hadn't got their head on straight. There was about 40 seconds to go down the field for at least a FG try. I was afraid the Seahawks would come out with renewed vigor in the second half, and that's exactly what happened. Crowd got hyped again too. Kyle needed to go for the throat then.

That 4th and 1 late should have been a no-brainier. Seattle was having trouble stopping the 49ers offense most of the game, and the 49ers defense was a pile of goo that couldn't do ****. If the 49ers offense fails then, you can still let Seattle score and get the ball back with a good amount of time to work with. Punting the ball back to Wilson was the worst option. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

BTW, Kittle went over 1000 yards for the second straight season. Pretty remarkable after the time he missed earlier. 

Yep but i love the fact he finally has a running mate likr him outside. Deebo is a DOG. I love it. 

• Like 1

I have the most confidence right now in the offense...and they will have to lead us to the SB. But the defense will be needed more than ever with QB like Rodgers, Brees Wentz and possibly even Russ again. Don't give up on them yet. This wk off will be huge for those legs on the DL.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

It would have been a straight up, "Only BB and I have the stones to make this sort of decision" baller move lol (and 10 years after he made that decision, which is kind of appropriate).  But I honestly don't think it would have been "bad". Certainly risky. But I gotta be honest, I just trust the offense more to pick up a yard than I do the defense to stop  Seattle from going 70 yards in over 2 minutes....which is kind of it's own set of issues. I want the game to be decided by the unit I feel most comfortable with, and right now that is most certainly the offense.

Then again, I'm kind of crazy aggro with the 4th downs.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing watching the game. You just knew they were going to march down the field. At one point I even thought we should let them score quickly so we could have the ball last with a chance to win. It was like slow death watching the defense try to stop them, only to give up first downs and chucks of yards. You never want Wilson with the ball in his hands last with the game in the balance...that's just how I viewed it.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I agree. I was thinking the same thing watching the game. You just knew they were going to march down the field. At one point I even thought we should let them score quickly so we could have the ball last with a chance to win. It was like slow death watching the defense try to stop them, only to give up first downs and chucks of yards. You never want Wilson with the ball in his hands last with the game in the balance...that's just how I viewed it.

I would of went for it. If you get, the game is probably over. They couldn't stop the run game all night long. The def was gassed. Seattle could of gotten the ball back at the 30 and kicked a FG or scored a TD and We would have a chance to win if we had failed but that's just me as well.