WEEK 17 GDT - @SEATTLE

N4L

I’m seeing a lot of people complaining about the Warner PI miss, but what about Wilson’s TD pass past the line of scrimmage? After it happened, SNF refused to show it again or even talk about it. I found that very odd. I still can’t find a good shot of it. 

To me, it looked like he was completely across the line, but again, SNF would not show the replay. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I’m seeing a lot of people complaining about the Warner PI miss, but what about Wilson’s TD pass past the line of scrimmage? After it happened, SNF refused to show it again or even talk about it. I found that very odd. I still can’t find a good shot of it. 

To me, it looked like he was completely across the line, but again, SNF would not show the replay. 

I think the replay showed that he had one foot/ankle still behind the line, and it was explained that this was therefore legal.

All the same, there were some bad calls against us as well ( that illegal block downfield on our C? comes to mind ). 

overall, I feel the calls balanced out well enough throughout the game.. and it's rare when I feel this way.

edit: they may have called that OL penalty an unnecessary roughness after the play ended, because our dude didn't even know the play was over; couldn't hear a whistle in Seattle

Edited by oldman9er
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

They showed it during the telecast with the LOS. He definitely still had a foot behind the line

44 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I have it on the game file. I'll come back with a GIF of it. But it was solid. They did show a replay, and Wilson's entire body wasn't completely across. 

As for the Warner PI, Hollister looked like he initiated contact with Warner first. Also, people aren't talking about the BS call on Garland. When was the last time you heard something called like that? Garland can't hear, and there is no way that he would know the play is over since he was blocking down field. Unsportsmanlike conduct? There was nothing unsportsmanlike about it. Then the defender presses Garland down after the play also. Nothing was called on him. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

They showed it during the telecast with the LOS. He definitely still had a foot behind the line

That being said, it's a missed call, it happens. All throughout the game. It's just context for my feeling on the defense more than anything. 

Also, this isn't an issue if Seattle doesn't take one of the most egregious delay of game penalties I have ever seen

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

I have it on the game file. I'll come back with a GIF of it. But it was solid. They did show a replay, and Wilson's entire body wasn't completely across. 

As for the Warner PI, Hollister looked like he initiated contact with Warner first. Also, people aren't talking about the BS call on Garland. When was the last time you heard something called like that? Garland can't hear, and there is no way that he would know the play is over since he was blocking down field. Unsportsmanlike conduct? There was nothing unsportsmanlike about it. Then the defender presses Garland down after the play also. Nothing was called on him. 

Humorously, I saw a green Bay fan actually be the first one to say why it wasn't DPI in their GDT for this game, and it was the exact reason the NFL later gave

Wilson's foot was still behind the LOS as he released the ball, good non-call.

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

That being said, it's a missed call, it happens. All throughout the game. It's just context for my feeling on the defense more than anything. 

Also, this isn't an issue if Seattle doesn't take one of the most egregious delay of game penalties I have ever seen

What is a missed call? 

Seattle fans complaining about a non defensive pass interference call is hilarious to me

It's like they didn't even watch their team for the last 9 years. 

THEY USED TO HOLD ON EVERYPLAY AND IT NEVER GOT CALLED. seriously, **** off lol 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wilson's foot was still behind the LOS as he released the ball, good non-call.

What is a missed call? 

Yes. Now if you want to go with the nfls reasoning for no call, I won't argue that either. At least they gave an explanation that (mostly) explained it. But he clearly hindered the receiver. But if the receiver brought that on himself (ie, that was actually the purpose of the play, to draw DPI), I would agree with no call

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

I think the replay showed that he had one foot/ankle still behind the line, and it was explained that this was therefore legal.

All the same, there were some bad calls against us as well ( that illegal block downfield on our C? comes to mind ). 

overall, I feel the calls balanced out well enough throughout the game.. and it's rare when I feel this way.

edit: they may have called that OL penalty an unnecessary roughness after the play ended, because our dude didn't even know the play was over; couldn't hear a whistle in Seattle

They missed 2 straight false starts on Seattle on their last drive so **** em

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes. Now if you want to go with the nfls reasoning for no call, I won't argue that either. At least they gave an explanation that (mostly) explained it. But he clearly hindered the receiver. But if the receiver brought that on himself (ie, that was actually the purpose of the play, to draw DPI), I would agree with no call

Wait, we're talking Wilson's TD pass, correct? I thought it wasn't a forward pass since his foot as it released it was still behind the LOS. Super close but good call IMO.

As for the non-call on Warner, that could go either way. But the pass was so off the mark, I don't think the refs were going to call that one. The offensive player definitely initiated contact, but Warner did hold him, so wouldn't argue that one way or another. Again, pass was so off that even if Warner didn't grab him, almost zero chance he gets to it anyways....But the Seahawks got a questionable DPI call on Williams so it cancels out. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait, we're talking Wilson's TD pass, correct? I thought it wasn't a forward pass since his foot as it released it was still behind the LOS. Super close but good call IMO.

As for the non-call on Warner, that could go either way. But the pass was so off the mark, I don't think the refs were going to call that one. The offensive player definitely initiated contact, but Warner did hold him, so wouldn't argue that one way or another. Again, pass was so off that even if Warner didn't grab him, almost zero chance he gets to it anyways....But the Seahawks got a questionable DPI call on Williams so it cancels out. 

Oh, no, I'm talking about the call on Warner. Sorry. The refs got it right with the Wilson pass. That was a TD with no penalty.