MNF: Packers at Vikings

Malfatron

16 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Is it just me or are the Packers really hurting for a second receiving option alongside Adams? Rodgers doesn’t look like he has a ton of trust in the rest.

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bingo!  The key to beating the Packers is to just double Adams and dare the Packers beat you with their running game or dare Rodgers to throw to receivers he doesn't like to throw to.  That's what Belichick would do, I'm convinced of it.

First question....yes.  No real threat outside of Adams.  Unless you look at the offense that won 4 in a row without him.  Rodgers had no choice but to spread the ball around and the offense actually looked better.  Now that Adams is back?  He's got eyes for Adams, big time.  In the Vikes game, Kumerow had a 50 yard TD set up for him.  And Rodgers took the 6 yard crosser to a bracketed Adams for a first down.  Nice play, but there was a bigger one to be made and Rodgers missed him because Adams was open by a tick and got the ball, catch and first down.

Second point.  It is easier said than done.  Doubling Adams.  GB has won enough with teams constantly doubling Adams.  And that run game won the game against the Vikings.  And I dare say, the Vikes have a very nice defense.  GB wore them down and sprung a couple nice runs to seal the deal. 

16 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Bingo!  The key to beating the Packers is to just double Adams and dare the Packers beat you with their running game or dare Rodgers to throw to receivers he doesn't like to throw to.  That's what Belichick would do, I'm convinced of it.

Nah, no need to double Adams. Just focus on stopping Jones and try to force the Packers to be one dimensional like the Niners did. I mean give Adams extra attention if you can stop the run without loading the box but the Niners didn't care too much for any of the receivers and made sure to take Jones out of the game and then let the DL hunt. 

16 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

challenge accepted

On 12/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, Malfatron said:

challenge accepted

Do you think your running game is good enough to carry your team to victories on a consistent basis if Rodgers isn't able to complete passes to Davante Adams?  I could be wrong, but I just haven't seen it.  (Again, I could be underestimating your RB, but we had Adrian Peterson in our backfield and he couldn't get us much farther than a first-round playoff appearance.)

On 12/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, no need to double Adams. Just focus on stopping Jones and try to force the Packers to be one dimensional like the Niners did. I mean give Adams extra attention if you can stop the run without loading the box but the Niners didn't care too much for any of the receivers and made sure to take Jones out of the game and then let the DL hunt. 

This.  Stopping Jones is far more important than stopping Adams if your goal is to shut down the GB offense.