2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Well I'm overjoyed with my results.

For Denver: getting Byron Jones and James Bradberry is pretty impressive. The secondary will now have Jones and Bradberry in the outside, Bryce Callahan in the slot and Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson at FS and SS.

Blake Martinez wasn't my 1st target at ILB, it was Joe Schobert, but with him getting tagged, Martinez looked a good deal at the price I got. I do like Martinez quite a bit since he came out from college.

Bringing Derek Wolfe back were a priority for me. He is a clubhouse leader and a very loyal player. Denver do him got to give him a chance to player a little more in Broncos Country until he retires.

I might have my starting defense worked before the draft even starts, depending on what happens with Mike Purcell in the RFA offer sheet he is getting.

For Chicago I'll make another post in a bit

• Like 2

Couple contracts I think were really good value

David Onyemata -- HOU $12.5M

Jarran Reed -- IINDY $20M

Eli Apple -- JAC $14.5M

Demarcus Robinson - KC $12M

Jordan Phillips -- LAC $30M

Vernon Butler - LAR $20M

Connor McGovern - MIA $14.8M

Maliek Collins - MIN $13.5M

• Like 3

Alright guys I'm calling it a night....feel free to start posting in the league office and trade threads again.

The fa transaction workbooks will remain "view only" until I get things updated on my end sometime tomorrow day.

Appreciate your patience with these issues with the books, hopefully we've seen the last of those issues.  See what it looks like when I get this latest update finished.

Will be busy so if you have questions about the mock post them in the FAQ thread and someone will answer.

Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

For Denver: getting Byron Jones and James Bradberry is pretty impressive. The secondary will now have Jones and Bradberry in the outside, Bryce Callahan in the slot and Justin Simmons and Kareem Jackson at FS and SS.

Blake Martinez wasn't my 1st target at ILB, it was Joe Schobert, but with him getting tagged, Martinez looked a good deal at the price I got. I do like Martinez quite a bit since he came out from college.

Bringing Derek Wolfe back were a priority for me. He is a clubhouse leader and a very loyal player. Denver do him got to give him a chance to player a little more in Broncos Country until he retires.

I might have my starting defense worked before the draft even starts, depending on what happens with Mike Purcell in the RFA offer sheet he is getting.

I really like the Byron Jones and James Bradberry additions.   Cost was not cheap, but that is what you need to pay.

Martinez is solid, but not the splash player.  Will make a ton of tackles.  Need to keep him clean.....like most ILB.  

Just now, ny92mike said:

Alright guys I'm calling it a night....feel free to start posting in the league office and trade threads again.

The fa transaction workbooks will remain "view only" until I get things updated on my end sometime tomorrow day.

Appreciate your patience with these issues with the books, hopefully we've seen the last of those issues.  See what it looks like when I get this latest update finished.

Will be busy so if you have questions about the mock post them in the FAQ thread and someone will answer.

Thanks again guys.

All good @ny92mike.   Get some sleep!!!   you have more than earned it.  

I think the issues are really minor and nothing that really takes away from the phenomenal product you have created.  

• Like 2

Eagles pretty happy with their results. With limited cap space especially in 2021, limiting their ability to offer many long term deal the Eagles were able to land 3 out of 4 targets.

DE'VONDRE CAMPBELL LB

an underrated athletic, young LB to add to one of the Eagles's thinnest units. Campbell was used in Atlanta similarly to how the Eagles used Nigel Bradham. He is a great fit for a reasonable price.

TRE BOSTON S

One of the Eagles's biggest need was S, with the only NFL caliber safety on the roster being Malcolm Jenkins. Boston makes big plays in the secondary and gives a steady veteran hand at a good price to run with Jenkins in the secondary

HASSAN RIDGEWAY DT

Ridgeway was actually really good in Philly last year before he got hurt. Nice to have him back very cheaply as the 3rd DT behind Cox and Malik Jackson

Bummed I missed out on Bershad Perriman, he was a pretty important part of my offseason plan. 

3 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

yeah yeah I wanna stab you in the throat....kidding of course....but a fork in the back would be acceptable after landing two highly sought after corners.

Then you go nab the linebacker I was really hoping that the Giants could land in the second round and I say second because my GM didn't see it as a huge need in the first, and targeted Byron Jones instead...so two forks.

Landing two top shelf corners this early will definitely have you looking at other options in the early rounds of the draft.

Nice work man...please tell me you're broke now. 

• Like 1

Well Chicago. Had to do a lot work to get cap to be able to do this.

I was going to wait for QB prices to drop and was ready to make a bid that would have landed Shaquill Barrett, but when Ryan Kerrigan become a available anda I was ready to bring him in the plans changed.

I was going to make a bid that would get outbid for Cam Newton, but I figured that if I was going to gamble one of the best QBs ever was the best plan, even if he looked like father time got ot him last season.

I think he will find a better offense in Chicago with David Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Tarik Cohen, Allen Robinson, Anthony Miller, Riley Ridley and Javon Wims. Hope Laurent Duvernay-Tardif and Demar Dotson make this OL better and protect Brady (by the way hope Brady don't retire IRL so I don't look like a moron in this)

After trading Hicks to get Aaron Jones and cap space landing two or three DL was a much. Already got two with Lawrence Guy and Nick Williams. Might be able to get 3 depending on the offer sheet Roy Robertson-Harris get.

On the Rams:

Greg Zuerlein - Had to retain him. Kickers are too important.

Vernon Butler - Think he has potential. He's coming off a productive year. I felt like getting him on a relatively cheap deal with a low signing bonus was worth it. He'll fit into my DL rotation well. 

Stephen Weatherly - I was a big Shaq Barrett guy last year, and he rewarded me for it. Like Barrett, I think Weatherly is a breakout candidate in a situation where he gets consistent snaps. I don't think he's the pass rusher that Barrett is, but I think he's capable of being a 6 to 10 sack per year guy while providing great run defense. With Donald and Fowler taking focus away from him, I think he's a sneaky good signing.

Big V - With Noteboom unlikely to be ready for Week 1, I wanted to get a swing OT. I thought V could start at LT early on and then potential slide inside once Noteboom is back. Browns got him, but I wasn't willing to pay that sort of premium.

Edited by jrry32

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Confused why Det signed Melvin Gordon

Wish I would have bid on Maliek Collins

It was a two part decision. The first part was the price. Signing a top-10 RB for only 5 years/$40 million that is truly closer to 4 years/$30 million is a steal. He’s worth a decent chunk more than that when you consider the APY that some of the other backs have gotten recently. The deal will take him through his entire prime and drop him around 30 or 31. 

The second part is related to Kerryon Johnson. Johnson has been great but he has struggled mightily with injuries over the past 2 seasons. He can’t be relied on to stay healthy for a 16 game schedule. Pairing Gordon and Johnson should limit their snaps enough to keep them healthy hopefully. More importantly, both backs have the ability to stay in during any situation, giving the ability to keep a similar game plan if one gets hurt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I really like the Byron Jones and James Bradberry additions.   Cost was not cheap, but that is what you need to pay.

Martinez is solid, but not the splash player.  Will make a ton of tackles.  Need to keep him clean.....like most ILB.  

Had tons of cap I had to go big at CB. I glad I did, because I had no chance on getting CHJ back. Having Jones and Bradberry will help me a lot in the draft.

Martinez, I like his fit for Fangio. Him and Alexander Johnson might make a good duo at ILB. Think he is a big improvement from Todd Davis.

Chiefs-   Very happy with the Round 1 results.

Tramaine Brock-   Nothing splashy, but a very solid corner.  He’ll provide immediate competitor for Charvarious Ward at the RCB. 

Anthony Brown -  Solid, not great.   Figured Fuller would not be back.   He’ll battle with Rashad Fenton on nickel duties. 

Austin Blythe-   Needed a veteran presence at RG after trading LDT.   Solid contract, he’ll be in comp for a starting spot somewhere along the OL.

Bashaud Breeland-  Very happy to have him back,  higher priority than Fuller for me.  Solid player and he’s back lining up at LCB for us. 

Demarcus Robinson- Feels odd to say he’s not our speed guy, but glad to have him back.  Solid contract, big play guy.   High energy guy,  he provides a spark to the whole offense with his personality 

14 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

yeah yeah I wanna stab you in the throat....kidding of course....but a fork in the back would be acceptable after landing two highly sought after corners.

Then you go nab the linebacker I was really hoping that the Giants could land in the second round and I say second because my GM didn't see it as a huge need in the first, and targeted Byron Jones instead...so two forks.

Landing two top shelf corners this early will definitely have you looking at other options in the early rounds of the draft.

Nice work man...please tell me you're broke now. 

I have to check but I might have a little more than 10M to play.

This might be my best year at TCMD.

Edited by BowserBroncos