2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m not sure if I am following why it is pointless to your explanation

What happens if you only wanted one but land both or if you land neither but couldve gone after another position in a player that wasnt being targeted?

If we had 5+ slots I'd get it, but imo, 3 requires you to choose wisely.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What happens if you only wanted one but land both or if you land neither but couldve gone after another position in a player that wasnt being targeted?

If we had 5+ slots I'd get it, but imo, 3 requires you to choose wisely.

Absolutely. But on my end, I don't need much from different positions, but i do need a CB. I incorrectly assumed how to go after them. I would have targeted multiple at a time if I could, hoping to land one, but not needing two or three.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Absolutely. But on my end, I don't need much from different positions, but i do need a CB. I incorrectly assumed how to go after them. I would have targeted multiple at a time if I could, hoping to land one, but not needing two or three.

That's fair. I mean there isnt a wrong way to do it. With my preferred style it's pointless. With yours maybe it's not. That's not really fair of me to pass judgement on tbh

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

That's fair. I mean there isnt a wrong way to do it. With my preferred style it's pointless. With yours maybe it's not. That's not really fair of me to pass judgement on tbh

I don't think you were. I just think there are some teams that have a lot of different needs, and some with more specific.

In my case, I don't need as many starters, but I do need some specific ones, whereas the rest would be depth.

Steelers are happy to add case keenum on a cheap contract for a top end backup QB , possible even starter

With Ben's health and recovery a top knotch backup was a major priority this off-season.  Mason Rudolph is trash and this team would of been in the playoffs with a half decent backup QB

Now prematurely releasing Ramon Foster thinking resigning BJ Finney was a given , was a huge mistake on my behalf

• Like 1

Just now, Cbrunn said:

Steelers are happy to add case keenum on a cheap contract for a top end backup QB , possible even starter

With Ben's health and recovery a top knotch backup was a major priority this off-season.  Mason Rudolph is trash and this team would of been in the playoffs with a half decent backup QB

Now prematurely releasing Ramon Foster thinking resigning BJ Finney was a given , was a huge mistake on my behalf

I was really curious who the other offering team was. I raised my bid 3 times because I was second guessing it

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:
9 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Stafford was already traded by Detroit to the Jaguars a while ago.

Peace!!!

Damn...he legit took the $32M dead money cap hit?

Detroit is ok cap wise.  It's Jax that has a bit of a cap problem.  From what I can see, Jax only has $320,139 in cap available.

Jacksonville right now...…

Image result for they are poor gif

Peace!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's one heck or a cap penalty

Thought the best solution was keeping Stafford one more year & selecting a QB. I believe Tua & Herbert easily need a year to sit behind a vet. Especially with Detroit who just gutted all their weapons 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Detroit is ok cap wise.  It's Jax that has a bit of a cap problem.  From what I can see, Jax only has $320,139 in cap available.

Jacksonville right now...…

Image result for they are poor gif

Peace!!!

Yeah I just wouldnt personally have taken that cap hit but then again I took a lot of them but getting rid of 75% of my roster