2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Cleveland Browns Free Agency round 2 press release:

The Cleveland Browns would like to welcome QB Blake Bortles and LB Darron Lee to the fold.

QB Blake Bortles replaces Drew Stanton as Baker Mayfields backup.  Bortles was signed at a lower price then Stanton was asking for and provides the Browns with a player who has extensive experience on the field and playoff experience as well.  Bortles was signed as insurance in case an unforeseen injury were to happen to Mayfield. 

By trading away Kirksey and with the loss of Schobert, the Browns have inadvertently created a new hole on the team at LB.  The LB core is very young and inexperienced.  With Mack Wilson now entrenched at the SLB position, we were surveying our options.  We didn't want to break the bank on any LB's this round so the conclusion was to sign LB Darron Lee to a reasonable contract.  He is a low risk, potentially high reward player who was a former 1st round pick who will be given every opportunity to win the WLB position for the Browns.  He is still young at 25 and with a new team, we are hoping to unlock his potential.

Peace!!!

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Falcons are likely done in FA sans maybe 1 or 2 cheap 1 year deals.

Eagles will probably wait a round or two for prices to drop before going after maybe 1 more FA target.

Good, less competition for me.

Image result for rubbing palms gif

Peace!!!

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The Falcons are likely done in FA sans maybe 1 or 2 cheap 1 year deals.

Eagles will probably wait a round or two for prices to drop before going after maybe 1 more FA target. 

Yeah Denver it's like this waiting for a player price to drop:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f59db4b7364a358f66

Chicago has one move to make that should be done in this next round.

• Like 1

Alright here is my thought process:

Elandon Roberts: He was a no brainer to bring back. He is cheap and underrated. Serving NE for years as a reserve backer, this might be his chance to prove he can be a thumper in 3 LB sets. He pairs well with Sophomore Bentley who is more of a side to side LB. 

Kiko Alonso: His injury pushed his price tag down and with the thin LB core left from an effort to get younger and move on from pricey veterans past their prime, this seemed like a good gamble to make. Reports coming out in the last few days indicate that he is progressing very well in his recovery from ACL surgery. It is fully expected that he will fill the void left by Hightower. 

Mike Iupati: Getting cheaper at the guard position needed to happen Iupati is a solid starter with a low price tag. With Mason's play declining last year, it wasnt a hard decision to look to replace him for a cheaper option after tagging and extending Thuney, who is younger and more proficient. 

Brandon Mebane: While this signing goes against the youth movement in NE right now, he is a much needed addition and fits the mold NE likes to adopt with interior lineman. He will be a great rotational piece at a position that hasn't had entrenched starters in years and was ravaged by expiring contracts this off season. He will likely be asked to mentor some young bucks coming in. 

@ny92mike I have an idea for next year.

Would it be possible to create some sort of If/Then sequence in regards to FA? For example, I screwed myself on CBs in FA, but part of it was I was too afraid to bid on too many for fear of getting them all. Could we have another box on our FA sheet that we could check that is something like "If FA#1 signing is a success, void #2?" Does that make sense.

Like offer one is for Waynes for $50 million and offer two is for Roby at $45 million. If one is successful, two voids. If one is unsuccessful, two is still an active attempt.

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@ny92mike I have an idea for next year.

Would it be possible to create some sort of If/Then sequence in regards to FA? For example, I screwed myself on CBs in FA, but part of it was I was too afraid to bid on too many for fear of getting them all. Could we have another box on our FA sheet that we could check that is something like "If FA#1 signing is a success, void #2?" Does that make sense.

Like offer one is for Waynes for $50 million and offer two is for Roby at $45 million. If one is successful, two voids. If one is unsuccessful, two is still an active attempt.

Like every bid has a fall back bid in case it fails?

Baltimore is waking up with a smile around town

Welcome Gerald McCoy, AJ McCarron & Jihad Ward back. 

• McCoy slides into DE with Jonathan Allen there as his heir replacement and a nice rotational piece for pash rush. Last year we let McCoy slip away, but with his eyes on pursuit for the title, it was a no brained this year.

• AJ McCarron comes in with open arms. A young QB who has shown glimpse of glamor and foundation. We are solidified with Lamar, but Trace McSorley will compete with AJ for the #2 position. 

• Jihad Ward deserves this contract. Brought over after Oakland released him this past season. Didn’t see a ton of playing time late in the season, but did make a few impactful plays to put his name on our radar for a second go around. Being thing at Edge rushers, he will be a special teams starter along with competing for snaps on the edge 

Ravens didn’t break the bank round 2 outside of McCoy, but we felt the depth additions were needed to continue filling our roster out. 

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

Cleveland Browns Free Agency round 2 press release:

The Cleveland Browns would like to welcome QB Blake Bortles and LB Darron Lee to the fold.

QB Blake Bortles replaces Drew Stanton as Baker Mayfields backup.  Bortles was signed at a lower price then Stanton was asking for and provides the Browns with a player who has extensive experience on the field and playoff experience as well.  Bortles was signed as insurance in case an unforeseen injury were to happen to Mayfield. 

By trading away Kirksey and with the loss of Schobert, the Browns have inadvertently created a new hole on the team at LB.  The LB core is very young and inexperienced.  With Mack Wilson now entrenched at the SLB position, we were surveying our options.  We didn't want to break the bank on any LB's this round so the conclusion was to sign LB Darron Lee to a reasonable contract.  He is a low risk, potentially high reward player who was a former 1st round pick who will be given every opportunity to win the WLB position for the Browns.  He is still young at 25 and with a new team, we are hoping to unlock his potential.

Peace!!!

Browns doing Brown things. Letting the talent walk away and sign bums 😏😜

Kidding, I considered Lee but already signed Ragland early on.