2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

KC rolling in cheap signings this round.

Riley-  Honestly probably wouldn’t play much.. pure depth at FS until Thornhill gets back.  Sorensen most likely covers those snaps, but he’s a veteran in case not.   Not a strong enough tackler to do much on ST.. so he’s most likely cut once Thornhill gets back.

Grugier-Hill-  I like him,  probably won’t see much PT with the guys in front of him.. but he’s good on ST’s, so he makes O’Daniel or Niemann expendable.

Pennel-  Surprised no one bid on him,   Absolutely a mammoth against the run.  He’ll most likely start along Nnadi inside for dirt cheap. 

Wis-   Veteran would played well at LG to end the year.  Him and Blythe give us decent options as starters if Wylie and Rankins don’t progress.

Pretty disappointed in losing out on Jernigan.. he would have been a nice player in rotation on passing downs

I might of spoke early on Riley, I just remember him with the Giants and thought he played well for us.  Couldn't tell you anything after that.

Pennel with only the one team bidding on him was a bit surprising.

• Like 1

EAGLES PRESS CONFERENCE

The Eagles are excited to land 3 defenders to their team.

TRAE WAYNES CB

After all the troubles at CB last season, we were committed to bringing in a new starting pair of CB's. After acquiring Casey Hayward in a trade, we turned our attention to getting him a running mate. Waynes excelled last year as the number 2 CB in a heavy man scheme and he will fit right in to the same role in Philadelphia.

PATRICK ONWUASOR LB 

An ascending LB that will help replace Nigel Bradham for a fraction of the cost. He will join De'Vondre Campbell as the two primary LB's in Philly. We really like his speed and blitzing ability in this attacking defense

CASSIUS MARSH DE

Marsh is a journeyman but has been a productive situational pass rusher where ever he has gone. He'll fill in nicely as the 4th DE behind Graham, Barnett and the ascending Josh Sweat and will give the Eagles a quality rotational rusher off the bench.

I'm with a great % after 2 rounds.

7 out of 7 for Denver (Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Blake Martinez, Derek Wolfe, Jeremiah Attaochu, Will Parks and Casey Kreiter + Keryan Drake on the RFA offer sheet)

7 out of 8 for Chicago. (Tom Brady, Shelby Harris, Lawrence Guy, Nicholas Williams, Demar Dotson, De'Anthony Thomas and Patrick Scales)

Buffalo

With the late fill in for the GM of Buffalo, and a complete missing out on all the round 1 FA, felt there was a need to get in and get after some positions that needed to be filled.

Darqueze Dennard, felt he was one of the best CB left on the market.  Posted passer rating against in 2019 of 74.5 and 2018 of 98.6.  Pairing opposite of Tre'Davious White is a nice pairing.

Kevin Johnson was a resign option that was retained at just a fraction over his asking APY.   There were bids on both Dennard and Johnson earlier in the day, so I needed to make a play for both.....thinking that 1 might get overbid.   Happy that BUF was able to retain both and that should solidify the top 3 CB.  With Taron Johnson also in the mix, the CB room should be set for a while.  

A'Shawn Robinson will slot in as a primary run stuffer along side Ed Oliver on the IDL.  Being flanked by Jerry Hughes and newly acquired Roy Robertson Harris who was obtained in RFA a few days ago.  

Getting Ted Karras to be the current starter at center will be the start of the filling out of the IOL postions.  

Current brief depth chart for Buffalo

Added  
            Tevin Coleman Trade
QB Josh Allen         Roy Robertson Harris RFA
RB Tevin Coleman Devin Singletary       Darqueze Dennard UFA
WR John Brown         A'Shawn Robinson UFA
WR Cole Beasley         Ted Karras UFA
WR   Andre Roberts       Kevin Johnson Re-sign
TE Jimmy Graham Dawson Knox          
LT Dion Dawkins Ryan Bates          
LG              
C Ted Karras            
RG John Feliciano            
RT Cody Ford Ty Nsekhe          

LDE Jerry Hughes Jonathan Woodard          
NT Ed Oliver Harrison Phillips          
DT A'Shawn Robinson Vincent Taylor          
RDE Roy Robertson-harris Trent Murphy Darryl Johnson Jr        
WLB Matt Milano Del'Shawn Phillips          
LILB Tremaine Edmunds            
RILB Vosean Joseph            
LCB Tre'Davious White Siran Neal          
SS Micah Hyde Jaquan Johnson          
FS Jordan Poyer            
RCB Darqueze Dennard Kevin Johnson Taron Johnson        
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

How about this secondary

LCB - Byron Jones

RCB - James Bradberry

SCB - Bryce Callahan

SS - Kareem Jackson

FS - Justin Simmons

Don't want to think about how I missed out on Byron.... lol

Also KJax is going to let you down BIGLY at some point.  (he played really good against Htown, but he was fired up.... it's the game to game intensity that is the problem)

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I might of spoke early on Riley, I just remember him with the Giants and thought he played well for us.  Couldn't tell you anything after that.

Pennel with only the one team bidding on him was a bit surprising.

I think the ability to see if players are getting offers from other teams is really moving GM's to look for a potentially similar graded player that will be a higher chance to successfully obtain.  

I, and I would guess a few others are checking the number of offers many players are getting and moving bids around to increase the likelihood of landing a player.  

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think the ability to see if players are getting offers from other teams is really moving GM's to look for a potentially similar graded player that will be a higher chance to successfully obtain.  

I, and I would guess a few others are checking the number of offers many players are getting and moving bids around to increase the likelihood of landing a player.  

Definitely is,   I would bet the next few rounds you’ll start seeing more players getting overpaid and more bidding wars as the number of quality players start dwindling 

Edited by samsel23

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Definitely is,   I would bet the next few rounds you’ll start seeing more players getting overpaid and more bidding wars as the number of quality players start dwindling 

Probably right.   But there are teams that are pretty set at a lot of positions/might be tight on cap space.  So they will be looking under the rocks and in the crevasses for some depth and back up type players that fit the specific situational needs of their team.  

There are some teams that probably have a decent chunk of cap space that will be looking to spend and get some of the remaining upper/mid tier players to be front line starters/contributers

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree and love what its doing to the FA experience. I personally structured contracts to Finney and Calhoun for purposes of this mock to use more of my cap space to improve my chances of getting them but make a realistic team friendly overall deal to them.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Buffalo

With the late fill in for the GM of Buffalo, and a complete missing out on all the round 1 FA, felt there was a need to get in and get after some positions that needed to be filled.

Definitely got the right man for the job...Was hoping that you would make a splash after the last GM failed to make any bids that first round.  Well done.

Darqueze Dennard, felt he was one of the best CB left on the market.  Posted passer rating against in 2019 of 74.5 and 2018 of 98.6.  Pairing opposite of Tre'Davious White is a nice pairing.

Kevin Johnson was a resign option that was retained at just a fraction over his asking APY.   There were bids on both Dennard and Johnson earlier in the day, so I needed to make a play for both.....thinking that 1 might get overbid.   Happy that BUF was able to retain both and that should solidify the top 3 CB.  With Taron Johnson also in the mix, the CB room should be set for a while.  

A'Shawn Robinson will slot in as a primary run stuffer alongside Ed Oliver on the IDL.  Being flanked by Jerry Hughes and newly acquired Roy Robertson Harris who was obtained in RFA a few days ago. 

Getting Ted Karras to be the current starter at center will be the start of the filling out of the IOL positions.  

I like your game planning here.  Can't ever have enough depth which is something that gets neglected a lot of the times in these mocks.

Adding depth at both corner and on the line was a solid play in the 2nd round of FA.

• Like 2

Yes...Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to play around with it but from what all you guys are saying about it.  It's a hit with most GM's.

• Like 1