Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

Just now, KFP7 said:

The 49ers and Saints both lost to the Falcons late in the season so a dud might not be the end of the world.  I do expect a comfortable win though, might have to have everyone change to pretty avatars. 

The Falcons are a talented roster! Make no mistake about it. Detroit is not. With all of the guys they have on IR, they are a terrible roster. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The Falcons are a talented roster! Make no mistake about it. Detroit is not. With all of the guys they have on IR, they are a terrible roster. 

And I'd be shocked if we lost.  I wouldn't be surprised if its a 1 score game in the 4th though, division games on the road are weird. 

Ryan Wood -  With potential bye week looming, LaFleur says needing to play full throttle Week 17 with something on the line is helpful to keep players in rhythm: "It definitely takes the decision making out of it. We're going 100 miles per hour to go win a football game."

36 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Matt LaFleur says Packers RB Jamaal Williams (shoulder) will not play this week. He'll get at least one week's rest, perhaps two.

///////////////////

Unless we're gonna run AJ alot, Dexter and/or Vitale will need to step up.

Honestly, kinda feels like Ervin will get reps before either of them.  Not sure what Dex is doing in practice, but it seems pretty clear the coaching staff has no interest in seeing him on the field.  Vitale has one carry on the year, clearly they don't really want to give him the rock either.  It'll be really interesting to see what they do go with for this game.

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

Honestly, kinda feels like Ervin will get reps before either of them.  Not sure what Dex is doing in practice, but it seems pretty clear the coaching staff has no interest in seeing him on the field.  Vitale has one carry on the year, clearly they don't really want to give him the rock either.  It'll be really interesting to see what they do go with for this game.

DET's secondary has been in disarray for weeks. Perhaps we're planning on passing them silly.

I just dont want AJ getting over worked or potentially injured as a consequence this late in the game - so that (seeming) lack of Option #2b at the RB position is odd.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

DET's secondary has been in disarray for weeks. Perhaps we're planning on passing them silly.

I just dont want AJ getting over worked or potentially injured as a consequence this late in the game - so that (seeming) lack of Option #2b at the RB position is odd.

You can't live in fear of players getting hurt.  Sure .. get him out of there once the game is in hand, but as LaFleur said .. there is a lot on the line.  Home field advantage all the way thru is potentially huge for the Packers.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You can't live in fear of players getting hurt.  Sure .. get him out of there once the game is in hand, but as LaFleur said .. there is a lot on the line.  Home field advantage all the way thru is potentially huge for the Packers.

? Fear's got nothing to do with it. Unless we're gonna increase AJ's workload somebody's gotta pickup up William's snaps - or we just pass the ball on them.

Prior to the announcement Williams would be out and not knowing how injured he was, I wondered if the team would cut back on his use - and if so - who would step up.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

? Fear's got nothing to do with it. Unless we're gonna increase AJ's workload somebody's gotta pickup up William's snaps - or we just pass the ball on them.

Prior to the announcement Williams would be out and not knowing how injured he was, I wondered if the team would cut back on his use - and if so - who would step up.

Well, maybe not you, but this board is petrified of Aaron Jones getting injured.  He can handle a 20 carry workload if needed.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well, maybe not you, but this board is petrified of Aaron Jones getting injured.  He can handle a 20 carry workload if needed.  

I'm sure he can. My point is it would be nice - and better for the team - if he didnt have to.