Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

20 hours ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -  The Packers are currently 5-0 within the NFC North. They haven't gone 6-0 against the Vikings, Bears and Lions since 2011, when they finished 15-1.

I was wondering when was the last time we swept the division...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leader said:

? Fear's got nothing to do with it. Unless we're gonna increase AJ's workload somebody's gotta pickup up William's snaps - or we just pass the ball on them.

Prior to the announcement Williams would be out and not knowing how injured he was, I wondered if the team would cut back on his use - and if so - who would step up.

Yes, we did use Williams to spell Jones so hopefully Dexter and/or Ervin can take up the slack.  I'm surprised they don't use Vitale more as a lead blocker (or if they do I haven't noticed it?).

18 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

cannot believe these players aren't suiting up. they must not realize how important this game is. probably partied too much on christmas :(

Do we want banged up guys playing and aggravating their injuries on Sunday when they will be needed in the postseason?

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Didn't Suh take that team from bottom feeder to a few playoff appearances?

I mean, it was Suh, Stafford, Johnson as the big names.  They finally did well with their top 2 picks.  

I don't think this is the same old LOLions.  I think they have built an average team, that has suffered injuries that they cannot overcome and is subsequently a below average team. Stafford started 8 games this season and they finished 3-4-1 in those contests.  They played 4 teams that are in the playoffs, losing to the Chiefs, Packers, and Vikings; and defeating the Eagles.  I think this is a 7 to 9 win team if it stays healthy.  

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Call me Captain Downer if you want, but that's 13th, 33rd and 12th in the league in those categories respectively.

They're cool even numbers and all that, but they're not particularly impressive accomplishments on a volume perspective.

Okay, Captain Debbie Downer!Debbie Downer

Edited by {Family Ghost}

42 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Call me Captain Downer if you want, but that's 13th, 33rd and 12th in the league in those categories respectively.

They're cool even numbers and all that, but they're not particularly impressive accomplishments on a volume perspective.

I think the big one is Jones TDs, but I saw that and thought I would share.