Head coach candidates

lavar703

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Except Tolbert was a FA, Olsen was a trade, Thomas Davis and Ryan Kalil came before him.  He did develop half of them, which is more than Bruce Allen can say.  

It's about the development. Outside of Tolbert - who was pretty much what he always was before he signed in Carolina - Rivera and his coaching staff developed Olsen, Davis and Kalil into the All-Pro players they became.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

The fact Rivera's hiring hasn't been announced yet is a tad worrying. If that's what they're going to do, then do so. The fact they haven't makes me wonder if Snyder is getting played again.

I read that Rivera got into the area at around 4 with his wife. Then, they went to dinner with the Snyder’s. I think Jp tweeted it out. The deal will likely get worked out tomorrow.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I read that Rivera got into the area at around 4 with his wife. Then, they went to dinner with the Snyder’s. I think Jp tweeted it out. The deal will likely get worked out tomorrow.

Given his name has been bandied heavily since Saturday, shouldn't they have already gotten it done by now?

14 minutes ago, Woz said:

The fact Rivera's hiring hasn't been announced yet is a tad worrying. If that's what they're going to do, then do so. The fact they haven't makes me wonder if Snyder is getting played again.

Rivera doesn’t come off to me like he would do that.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Woz said:

Given his name has been bandied heavily since Saturday, shouldn't they have already gotten it done by now?

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a new coach. You forget dinner the night before where they hammer out contract details.

it is being reported that yesterday was their first meeting, and if so, then this is all extremely rushed. 

14 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a new coach. You forget dinner the night before where they hammer out contract details.

it is being reported that yesterday was their first meeting, and if so, then this is all extremely rushed. 

As quickly as this moved, I get it, but because of that, I don't think it's the first time they've talked/met (maybe face to face, but)...