Update: Bruce Allen fired; no longer with Redskins organisation

drd23

26 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

How did he get so much time 

Son of a legendary coach of the franchise.  His political connections, as well as those of his brother.  Dan Snyder views Redskins royalty as a high status.  Allen also started taking the metaphorical grandes for Snyder from the fans and the press.  

I honestly believe that when news of Allen's release was leaked Saturday night, it was purposefully worded as "removed from football operations" just to see what the feedback from the fans would be.  Well, we saw right through it, and Allen is gone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Son of a legendary coach of the franchise.  His political connections, as well as those of his brother.  Dan Snyder views Redskins royalty as a high status.  Allen also started taking the metaphorical grandes for Snyder from the fans and the press.  

I honestly believe that when news of Allen's release was leaked Saturday night, it was purposefully worded as "removed from football operations" just to see what the feedback from the fans would be.  Well, we saw right through it, and Allen is gone.  

Yeah. I noticed that too. Reading this statement they had to make it clear that Allen is no longer with the organization in any official way (aka he can't be in the building, on payroll whatever) to get any good will with the fans..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Rivera seems like a solid hire but hiring a head coach before you hire someone to head your football operations/someone at GM seems like an awfully backwards way of doing things, unless they just plan on giving Rivera GM power as well, which HC/GM being the same person rarely works out.

I disagree,  If you hire Ron Rivera who is a established coach he has to have final word because you have to trust his judgment. He knows what it will take and what type of player he needs.  Kind of like BB of the Pats.   Parcells you have to buy the groceries quote. 

Look at the Cards.  Kingsbury has to have final say its his vision.   GM 1st, IMO is trouble weighting to happen.  Jerry Jones anyone :D:D:D

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

I disagree,  If you hire Ron Rivera who is a established coach he has to have final word because you have to trust his judgment. He knows what it will take and what type of player he needs.  Kind of like BB of the Pats.   Parcells you have to buy the groceries quote. 

Look at the Cards.  Kingsbury has to have final say its his vision.   GM 1st, IMO is trouble weighting to happen.  Jerry Jones anyone :D:D:D

Most coaches fail when having to wear both hats.

12 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I wonder what this means for the Trent Williams situation...

Any self-respecting GM candidate will be asking that very question during interviews.  

I think we've finally seen the last of Trent Williams wearing a WAS uni - sadly, I'd be suprised with this draft, if WAS can get a mid-1st that CLE was offering.  More likely 2 2nds....

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Any self-respecting GM candidate will be asking that very question during interviews.  

I think we've finally seen the last of Trent Williams wearing a WAS uni - sadly, I'd be suprised with this draft, if WAS can get a mid-1st that CLE was offering.  More likely 2 2nds....

He's probably not worth more then a 3rd round pick. They should have traded him during the season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

To add on, I also think that Snyder considered Allen an actual friend. And I think Snyder struggles to actually have those in his life.

12 hours ago, m haynes said:

What has Ron Rivera done to earn this type of trust?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woz said:

Most coaches fail when having to wear both hats.

Sorry I didn't make my self clear. You have to have a GM. IMO The coach has to have final word.   Pats fan for 50 years. I can't recall  a coach succeeding with the GM with final say.   I also look a Jimmy Johnson and what could of been if Jones didn't interfere.

The best scenario would be the coach with final say and a GM he could trust. Pete Carroll. Pete  was on both sides. Pats coach, he had no chance, GM Grier went against him on every turn.

Edited by m haynes