26. Buccaneers 4-8 (↓ 1)
  27. Bears 3-9 (↓ 1)
  28. 49ers 2-10 (↑ 2)
  29. Colts 3-8 (↓ 2)
  30. Broncos 3-9 (↓ 1)
  31. Giants 2-10 (--)
  32. Browns 0-12 (--)

Top Risers: Dolphins (↑ 4)

Dolphins end their 5 game skid by blowing out the Broncos, who would probably lose to the Browns with the way they have been playing. Not an impactful rise, just went from bottom feeder to slightly less of a bottom feeder.

Biggest Fallers:  Cardinals, Redskins (↓ 4)

Both blown out by division foes. The Redskins nearly beat 2 very good teams in recent weeks, which kept them higher in these rankings than their record would suggest, but on Thursday Night they were beaten by the Cowboys even worse than in their first meeting, and back then the Cowboys had their full team and were on a roll. The Gabbert led Cardinals couldn't harness their momentum after beating the Jags, and got slayed by the Rams in Arizona.

MVP Race (week 14)

1. Tom Brady (--)
  2. Carson Wentz (--)
  3. Russell Wilson (NR)

HMs: Drew Brees, Antonio Brown, Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell, DeMarcus Lawrence, Calais Campbell, Jared Goff, Adam Thielen, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan

Russell Wilson tied 2011 Eli Manning's record for most passes for a TD in the 4th quarter with a quarter season left to go. Right now he sits on 15 TDs, 1 interception, 114 pass attempts, 70% completion percentage, 2 sacks, over 1k passing yards and a 134 passer rating, 141 rushing yards on 4th quarter. 83% of total offensive production.

Should the Seahawks beat the Jaguars and Rams and he's gotta be the MVP in my eyes.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:45 AM, brazilianguy said:

Russell Wilson tied 2011 Eli Manning's record for most passes for a TD in the 4th quarter with a quarter season left to go. Right now he sits on 15 TDs, 1 interception, 114 pass attempts, 70% completion percentage, 2 sacks, over 1k passing yards and a 134 passer rating, 141 rushing yards on 4th quarter. 83% of total offensive production.

Should the Seahawks beat the Jaguars and Rams and he's gotta be the MVP in my eyes.

Is he ahead of Brady in a single passing stat? Is his offense more productive than Brady's. Is his team winning more than Brady's? What's the barometer here?

5 hours ago, tonyto36 said:

IMO Vikings and Patriots should be in their own tier right now.

Didn't the Vikings just lose to the Panthers?  I think the current tiers and placements by RandyMossIsBoss is pretty spot on, though the Eagles could definitely be moved down due to the Wentz injury.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I'm really not believers in the Panthers.  I think they're a mediocre team that got two huge flukish runs and a really rare give away interception.  And still barely won.  At home.

Even if the rematch is in Carolina I'd take the Vikings in the playoffs.  If it's in Minnesota the Panthers have no chance.

The comment was in reference to the Vikings and Patriots belonging in their own tier, not that I wouldn't take the Vikings over the Panthers in a future match-up.  I think there are about 7-8 teams that regardless of recent wins/losses right now are legit threats to win it all, then a few fringe teams that if they get hot have a chance to overcome their deficiencies and win it all.  I think that the current tier list from the previous week as just about right is all.

Power Rankings (week 15)

1. Steelers 11-2 (↑ 4)
  2. Patriots 10-3 (↓ 1)
  3. Vikings 10-3 (↓ 1)
  4. Rams 9-4 (--)
  5. Eagles 11-2 (↓ 2)
  6. Saints 9-4 (--)
  7. Jaguars 9-4 (↑ 1)
  8. Panthers 9-4 (↑ 1)
  9. Seahawks 8-5 (↓ 2)
  10. Falcons 8-5 (↑ 2)
  11. Chargers 7-6 (↑ 2)
  12. Ravens 7-6 (↓ 2)
  13. Titans 8-5 (↓ 2)
  14. Cowboys 7-6 (↑ 4)
  15. Lions 7-6 (↓ 1)
  16. Bills 7-6 (↓ 1)
  17. Chiefs 7-6 (↓ 1) 
  18. Packers 7-6 (↑ 2)
  19. Raiders 6-7 (↓ 1)
  20. Dolphins 6-7 (↑ 4)
  21. Cardinals 6-7 (↑ 2)
  22. Redskins 5-8 (↓ 1)
  23. Jets 5-8 (↓ 4)
  24. Bears 4-9 (↑ 3)
  25. Bengals 5-8 (↓ 3)
  26. 49ers 3-10 (↑ 2)
  27. Texans 4-9 (↓ 2)
  28. Buccaneers 4-9 (↓ 2)
  29. Broncos 4-9 (↑ 1)
  30. Colts 3-10 (↓ 1)
  31. Giants 2-11 (--)
  32. Browns 0-13 (--)

MVP Race (week 15)

1. Tom Brady (--)
  2. Russell Wilson (↑ 1)
  3. Antonio Brown (NR)

HMs: Drew Brees, Todd Gurley, Le'Veon Bell, DeMarcus Lawrence, Calais Campbell, Jared Goff, Adam Thielen, Philip Rivers, Case Keenum

On 12/11/2017 at 1:11 PM, tonyto36 said:

IMO Vikings and Patriots should be in their own tier right now.

Here you go...(hope you didn't mind me borrowing your format, RandyMossIsBoss, for this brief sample...)

1. Steelers 11-2 
  2. Patriots 10-3 
  3. Vikings 10-3 
  4. Rams 9-4 ...

Is that what you meant? Their own tier??  :P 

Should we call that Tier 1b??  (I'm laughing now, for the next 4-5 days, while I can... :(  )

1 hour ago, Asciimo said:

below the steelers for losing a divisional game on the road by 7? steelers have barely beat most of their trash tier competition.

Don't make it sound like it was a close game, the Patriots got thoroughly whooped by a very sorry Dolphins team. While I am fairly certain this was the Patriots at their worst (especially w/out Gronk), and the Dolphins at their best, the Steelers got the job done in what was actually a tough divisional game. Luckily for the Pats they'll have every opportunity next week to prove how good they are.

The Steelers and Patriots have the same SOS thus far, FWIW.

41 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Don't make it sound like it was a close game, the Patriots got thoroughly whooped by a very sorry Dolphins team. While I am fairly certain this was the Patriots at their worst (especially w/out Gronk), and the Dolphins at their best, the Steelers got the job done in what was actually a tough divisional game. Luckily for the Pats they'll have every opportunity next week to prove how good they are.

The Steelers and Patriots have the same SOS thus far, FWIW.

same SOS? okay. look at the margins of victory. pats have mostly crushed their competition.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:54 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

If he thinks we're the 30th ranked defense, we can conclude he doesn't/hasn't watched us since week 4.

NE's defense is decimated by injuries and unless a few starters return from injuries, their defense will not carry them far in the playoffs. Their offense has injuries as well, so they are only a shell of themselves right now.

20 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

@RandyMossIsBoss How are the Eagles all the way down to the 5 spot, despite being tied for the best record, and even below the team they just beat?!

Yeah, Carson is done but the team isn’t and until they actually lose, their ranking should not suffer.  It’s based on actual results and not what might happen.

well it's a power ranking ipso facto you can get extrajudicial with the rankings rather than just having record alone be your metric

Archived