What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Payton could have chosen to move away from Brees and or not tender Hill that high.  Belichick appears willing to walk away from the GOAT.  If Payton thought Teddy was the answer for the long term it would have happened.  Payton made the Teddy the highest paid back up in the league, saw him play 5 games and is not going to commit to him long term over a qb who is 42.  I can t believe Payton would let nostalgia for Brees be the only factoe bringing him back.

It has to be at least a little bit of a concern.  Not every FA is an upgrade over the Qb last season.  If they can t get better in free agency, then the Qb whisperer needs to use his super powers identify a franchise Qb outside of Burrow and go get him.  

Im not sure what NE is going to do with Brady so i wouldnt assume they are moving on yet. I’d be happy if they did though but nevertheless...its a business

Bill has been trying to get rid of Tom for YEARS. He wanted to keep Jimmy G. and move on from Brady but the owner wanted to keep Tom around. Payton knows Hill will be cheaper to keep than Bridgewater for many reasons. That and him and Bill have a system in tact where they could literally put backups in and get good results. Matt Cassell looked good under Bill when Brady tore his ACL.

im going to let Arians make his decision and support it. He knows there are upgrades on the market and thats why he we havent signed a deal yet. People keeping saying year 2 winston will do better! Yeah if that was the case...why havent we locked him up yet? Why are we even weighing are options if we can base the assumption year 2 winston will better than the new guy in year 1? 🤔 and clearly since Bill doesnt want Tom anymore...Winston year 2 > Tom year 1🤣🤣

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, indifference said:

im going to let Arians make his decision and support it. He knows there are upgrades on the market and thats why he we havent signed a deal yet. People keeping saying year 2 winston will do better! Yeah if that was the case...why havent we locked him up yet? Why are we even weighing are options if we can base the assumption year 2 winston will better than the new guy in year 1? 🤔 and clearly since Bill doesnt want Tom anymore...Winston year 2 > Tom year 1🤣🤣

The literal reason there has been no signing movement with us and across the NFL (extending to anyone of notable value) is strictly due to the new pending CBA. It has nothing to due with who's available. Teams need to see it to fruition before locking these guys in, as the new CBA affects the cap, what can/can't be done with franchise and transition tags, player clauses, etc. If this was a normal offseason, you'd see most of these guys have handshake deals already and being leaked to the media...

The CBA deadline for players to vote is due by March 12th. We should see significant movement after this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The literal reason there has been no signing movement with us and across the NFL (extending to anyone of notable value) is strictly due to the new pending CBA. It has nothing to due with who's available. Teams need to see it to fruition before locking these guys in, as the new CBA affects the cap, what can/can't be done with franchise and transition tags, player clauses, etc. If this was a normal offseason, you'd see most of these guys have handshake deals already and being leaked to the media...

The CBA deadline for players to vote is due by March 12th. We should see significant movement after this...

k. im just saying what was spoken of from Arians words though in terms of options available.

5 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Eh im not buying this no movement due to waiting on the CBA bs

If we new we wanted to keep winston then we'd sign him right now and not think twice

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Nah man

I hope we get rid of him

Been saying it for awhile now

But if it came down to teddy b or winston... Idk I really dont like teddy

word..my thing is the exact same guy that reported we were hiring Arians last off season is saying we’re front runner for Teddy....Bruce tried to sign Brees 2 years ago? Tells me that rumor def has some truth to it. But...ill just bump these anti Teddy B posts once we sign him.

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Eh im not buying this no movement due to waiting on the CBA bs

If we new we wanted to keep winston then we'd sign him right now and not think twice

How are you not buying it? They had a legal expert on ESPN radio talking about the guys that have signed extensions (Humphries, Eckler) and that they can't complete the actual contract or will have to go back and rework all the language once/if new CBA passes. Said most teams are just waiting it out rather than doing the work twice...

Also, it takes two to tango. Even if we approached Jameis his party has to be willing as well. Agents want to wait it out as well...

I think we're going to let Jameis hit the market, but I think it's just to knock down the price...

14 hours ago, indifference said:

word..my thing is the exact same guy that reported we were hiring Arians last off season is saying we’re front runner for Teddy....Bruce tried to sign Brees 2 years ago? Tells me that rumor def has some truth to it. But...ill just bump these anti Teddy B posts once we sign him.

Hey at this point I'm all for qb change even if it's a guy im not totally enamoured with like teddy

At least it's a change in TRYING to get better than to stick with what we've had and been too stubborn to admit hasn't been working , for 5 years

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

How are you not buying it? They had a legal expert on ESPN radio talking about the guys that have signed extensions (Humphries, Eckler) and that they can't complete the actual contract or will have to go back and rework all the language once/if new CBA passes. Said most teams are just waiting it out rather than doing the work twice...

Also, it takes two to tango. Even if we approached Jameis his party has to be willing as well. Agents want to wait it out as well...

I think we're going to let Jameis hit the market, but I think it's just to knock down the price...

I'm just saying,  if we knew we wanted to stick with winston , we wouldn't be playing QB games.

We would just say it out right and it wouldn't really matter so there would be no need for secrecy and no need to play with Winston's mind

Which is another reason I think we let winston go

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I'm just saying,  if we knew we wanted to stick with winston , we wouldn't be playing QB games.

We would just say it out right and it wouldn't really matter so there would be no need for secrecy and no need to play with Winston's mind

Which is another reason I think we let winston go

To be fair, all BA has really said is he's weighing all his options. The media are the ones linking us with every QB and creating all the rumors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

To be fair, all BA has really said is he's weighing all his options. The media are the ones linking us with every QB and creating all the rumors.

Yea but if you are going  to keep the qb you have you wouldn't be saying that you are "weighing the options"

There wouldn't be a point in keeping the drama going

21 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Yea but if you are going  to keep the qb you have you wouldn't be saying that you are "weighing the options"

There wouldn't be a point in keeping the drama going

The only drama we know of is what the media are talking about. We haven't heard anything from BA, Licht, or Jameis.

24 minutes ago, indifference said:

Word. I just read Dak and the Cowboys got a 33 mil per season parameter in place. Any word on the Winston contract...winstonites?

Hmm... are you referring to this:

ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys have sent a new deal to Dak Prescott.

The Cowboys have increased their latest offer to just over $33 million annually. This doesn't change much, but it's obviously a good sign the sides are still talking. 

That doesn't sound like a deal is in place to me. Even so, comparing Dak's situation to Jameis isn't apples to apples...

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The only drama we know of is what the media are talking about. We haven't heard anything from BA, Licht, or Jameis.

BA said we were looking at free agency , guys like Brady and rivers I believe is what he said, he also said he knows what they are doing and Jameis doesnt 

Which is more than enough to cause drama