What do we do with Jameis Winston?

bucsfan333

43 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'm good with it. He's actually the one FA option that represents an immediate upgrade, even with his age and decline last year. He's always found a way to elevate the players around him. He'll be motivated as ever too, so I'd expecta bounce back.. I dont mind throwing stupid money at him for 1-2 years. His impact will be seen on and off field...

We still better be drafting a succession plan though too. Dude is 43 after all lol...

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm good with it. He's actually the one FA option that represents an immediate upgrade, even with his age and decline last year. He's always found a way to elevate the players around him. He'll be motivated as ever too, so I'd expecta bounce back.. I dont mind throwing stupid money at him for 1-2 years. His impact will be seen on and off field...

We still better be drafting a succession plan though too. Dude is 43 after all lol...

$100 million plus to a 43 year old who can't throw the ball anymore and goes from being behind a solid o-line to one of the worst in football 😱

Adding he can't/hasn't thrown the deep ball much if at all recently and that is what this offense is built on.......

We will be far worse off with Brady than Winston imo. 

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Would need a major boost to the running game and short passing game.  Brady won't survive throwing 40 times a game behind our o-line 

The last few years we've had dedicated rushing RBs and receiving RBs. Would be nice to have guys who can do both.

2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

$100 million plus to a 43 year old who can't throw the ball anymore and goes from being behind a solid o-line to one of the worst in football 😱

Adding he can't/hasn't thrown the deep ball much if at all recently and that is what this offense is built on.......

Bucs averaged more time to throw this year than Pats did this year.....

3 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Brady's oline was one of the worst statistically though the first 8 games. They got better as year went on, but not great. PFF actually ranked our Oline higher (albeit I think PFF was way off on both. Being top ten)

I could care less on the years/AAV, because there's a high chance only 1-2 years would be gauranteed...

I still think Winston is smarter choice, but I'd trust Brady to make a fit vs. the other potential options being floated...

Edited by kgarrett12486

3 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Would need a major boost to the running game and short passing game.  Brady won't survive throwing 40 times a game behind our o-line 

Jameis isn't going to survive either. He was already banged up down the stretch. If we don't plan on upgrading the Oline (specifically OT) regardless of the QB choice, we're not going any further...

• Like 1