You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He's been playing conservative football bc that is what the game plan and roster dictates.  He doesn't trust his WR's and I don't blame him, they are garbage.  The D can't stop anyone and Carr is always playing from behind.  Look what happened to "yellow jacket" Jackson last night when he got down, he looked like exactly who I know he will become, a below average pocket passer who lacks intelligence.  Homers falls for his shtick bc they watch highlights of his spin move LOL

Carr clearly learned form his brothers mistakes in Houston and he is living to play another day knowing he could potentially play football until he is 40.  Carr, just like 95% of all other QB's needs to be surrounded with talent to have success.  Carr is not Russell Wilson, Carr lacks the same escapability of Wilson which masks the deficiencies he has at the WR position.  

If we surround him with more talent and most importantly improve our D, I would love to see both 1st round picks on the D side of the ball.  I would love to part ways with Williams and his bloated contract, sign AJ Green to a 2 year 24 million contract and go after a WR later in the draft or look for value in the FA market.  I would not be angry spending a 1st on a Wr but if we do he better be a stud!

In your opinion 

Carr> Lamar jackson?

carr> Tannehill?

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Similar to the Miami fans, none of which wanted to keep "that bum Tannehill".  Go on their forum now and look at all those same hypocrites begging for Tannehill back and calling the GM that got rid of him every dirty word you can imagine.  Why, because they're clueless similar to the same stooges we have on here....

Tannehill hasn’t even been that great. He has just been able to lean on a running back having one of the most dominant seasons we’ve ever seen and a good defense. He couldn’t elevate Miami and he’s certainly not elevating Tennessee. Dude has put up a total of 150 passing yards combined in their two playoff games, lol. 

20 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

In your opinion 

Carr> Lamar jackson?

carr> Tannehill?

Lamar Jackson's season was a season for the ages, so we both know that is a stupid question.  Jackson's ceiling is obviously much higher than DC's at this time and probably will remain higher.

I don't think Tannehill is better. If anything, I think they're very close in terms of overall talent.  I think Derek Carr could be just as successful in Tennessee as Tannehill.  Derrick Henry is having a season for the ages (406 rushing/receiving yards last two games combined).  I mean Tannehill has a total of 160 yards passing over the last two games.  So yeah, Carr=Tannehill IMO.

32 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Lamar Jackson's season was a season for the ages, so we both know that is a stupid question.  Jackson's ceiling is obviously much higher than DC's at this time and probably will remain higher.

I don't think Tannehill is better. If anything, I think they're very close in terms of overall talent.  I think Derek Carr could be just as successful in Tennessee as Tannehill.  Derrick Henry is having a season for the ages (406 rushing/receiving yards last two games combined).  I mean Tannehill has a total of 160 yards passing over the last two games.  So yeah, Carr=Tannehill IMO.

Interesting I think carr and tanny are equal in passing ability but tanny is better at running. So tanny> carr

what about 

carr> cousins?

i think carr = cousins

or cousins is Carr’s ceiling

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting I think carr and tanny are equal in passing ability but tanny is better at running. So tanny> carr

what about 

carr> cousins?

i think carr = cousins

I agree with Carr=Cousins.  I do not agree with Cousins being Carr's ceiling.  I would say that Cousins is what Carr looks like when he has two good receivers.  

As for Carr and Tannehill rushing, I didn't considerate it, but your statement is true.  Carr needs to play better.

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Tannehill hasn’t even been that great. He has just been able to lean on a running back having one of the most dominant seasons we’ve ever seen and a good defense. He couldn’t elevate Miami and he’s certainly not elevating Tennessee. Dude has put up a total of 150 passing yards combined in their two playoff games, lol. 

He got MIA to the playoffs and won more games and had more winning seasons than Carr. Tannehill got TEN to the playoffs 26 total TDs in 10 games, Henry was not carrying the team before Tannehill became the starter they were 2-4 the threat of a passing game has really opened it up for Henry. He also put them up 14-3 with 2 huge td passes then they unleashed Henry who couldnt be stopped. 

39 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

what about 

carr> cousins?

i think carr = cousins

Tannehill plays the position better. 

56 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree with Carr=Cousins.  I do not agree with Cousins being Carr's ceiling.  I would say that Cousins is what Carr looks like when he has two good receivers.  

As for Carr and Tannehill rushing, I didn't considerate it, but your statement is true.  Carr needs to play better.

It’s interesting cause Cousins has 91 total starts and Carr has 94.

i wonder if minn regrets giving cousins all that $. He looks like he doesn’t have that “it” factor when the game is on the line. 

the body language and facial expressions yesterday reminded me of carr.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

36 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s interesting cause Cousins has 91 total starts and Carr has 94.

i wonder if minn regrets giving cousins all that $. He looks like he doesn’t have that “it” factor when the game is on the line. 

the body language and facial expressions yesterday reminded me of carr.

giphy.gif

yep

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

At least he’s not on the bench sitting by himself lol

Well to be fair Carr saw the playoffs on the couch as per the normal Carr code of conduct.

6-4 playoffs in sight and Carr’s Instinct kicked in and threw it all away.... at gophers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannon12 said:

Well to be fair Carr saw the playoffs on the couch as per the normal Carr code of conduct.

6-4 playoffs in sight and Carr’s Instinct kicked in and threw it all away.... at gophers.

With the supposed easy part of our schedule. And it's cold everywhere in December that alone tells you won't be making the playoffs with Carr.

Edited by raidr4life

31 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

With the supposed easy part of our schedule. And it's cold everywhere in December that alone tells you won't be making the playoffs with Carr.

Well it was time to be clutch Carr and when the tough gets going you throw it away on 4th and goal. Don’t want to risk an injury hahaha

8 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Well it was time to be clutch Carr and when the tough gets going you throw it away on 4th and goal. Don’t want to risk an injury hahaha

That’s that mamba stuff he was talking about duh mambas don’t fight they run away to live a fight another day.