You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

You're exactly right. The same people who want to replace Carr with anyone would trash the FO if the next QB isn't any better. Realistically, you replace Carr if you see an opportunity to clearly upgrade so that can't be anyone and the opportunity might not be there now.

Similar to the Miami fans, none of which wanted to keep "that bum Tannehill".  Go on their forum now and look at all those same hypocrites begging for Tannehill back and calling the GM that got rid of him every dirty word you can imagine.  Why, because they're clueless similar to the same stooges we have on here....

1 minute ago, ragingraider said:

If Carr doesn't perform this year, there will be no excuses. If AB had played, there would already be no excuses.

I hope Carr is magnificent. I will wear a dunce hat, and send him flowers. But, I can't ignore what I see.  This guy isn't the same QB he was in 2016. He is still young. I hope he can find his mojo. But, he does have to locate that mojo because it has been misplaced.

There isn't any really better options for us in 2020, so he will get another chance. It will be his last if this team doesn't make the playoffs.

He's been playing conservative football bc that is what the game plan and roster dictates.  He doesn't trust his WR's and I don't blame him, they are garbage.  The D can't stop anyone and Carr is always playing from behind.  Look what happened to "yellow jacket" Jackson last night when he got down, he looked like exactly who I know he will become, a below average pocket passer who lacks intelligence.  Homers falls for his shtick bc they watch highlights of his spin move LOL

Carr clearly learned form his brothers mistakes in Houston and he is living to play another day knowing he could potentially play football until he is 40.  Carr, just like 95% of all other QB's needs to be surrounded with talent to have success.  Carr is not Russell Wilson, Carr lacks the same escapability of Wilson which masks the deficiencies he has at the WR position.  

If we surround him with more talent and most importantly improve our D, I would love to see both 1st round picks on the D side of the ball.  I would love to part ways with Williams and his bloated contract, sign AJ Green to a 2 year 24 million contract and go after a WR later in the draft or look for value in the FA market.  I would not be angry spending a 1st on a Wr but if we do he better be a stud!

36 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am a Carr fan. I am not a Raider fan. 
I assume too much and make preposterous claims to protect Carr at any cost. I will throw whomever I can under the bus even Raider legends for Carr

Fixed it for you and your absolute “foolish” takes on everything.

No one is going to turn on Mayock. If he deals Carr and Carr balls out... then good for Carr the change of scenery was needed. If The FO Want to go in a different direction have an upgrade (which isn’t that hard to find) in mind. Then we are ready. New stadium, New City, fresh start. No point in bringing the one read panic 2 yard dump off broken down Carr with us in hopes he can manage a season to 8-8. Carr doesn’t make the players around him better and he is not capable of putting the team on his back and go for the win. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He's been playing conservative football bc that is what the game plan and roster dictates.  He doesn't trust his WR's and I don't blame him, they are garbage.  The D can't stop anyone and Carr is always playing from behind.  Look what happened to "yellow jacket" Jackson last night when he got down, he looked like exactly who I know he will become, a below average pocket passer who lacks intelligence.  Homers falls for his shtick bc they watch highlights of his spin move LOL

Carr clearly learned form his brothers mistakes in Houston and he is living to play another day knowing he could potentially play football until he is 40.  Carr, just like 95% of all other QB's needs to be surrounded with talent to have success.  Carr is not Russell Wilson, Carr lacks the same escapability of Wilson which masks the deficiencies he has at the WR position.  

If we surround him with more talent and most importantly improve our D, I would love to see both 1st round picks on the D side of the ball.  I would love to part ways with Williams and his bloated contract, sign AJ Green to a 2 year 24 million contract and go after a WR later in the draft or look for value in the FA market.  I would not be angry spending a 1st on a Wr but if we do he better be a stud!

This consistent excuse that the game plan calls for Carr to be conservative is junk.

Gruden is not opposed to throwing the ball downfield. Gruden hates big plays? C'mon. I'm sure he isn't excited when Carr throws the ball out of bounds in desperate situations in the 4th quarter. He isn't loving everything Carr is doing. The defense wasn't great this year, and the receiving core wasn't good overall, but Carr had a good oline, running game, elite TE, and some players at WR like Renfrow and Williams. I will agree Williams is not great, but saying Carr had nothing to work with is a bad take. There were plenty of games that Carr did nothing and the defense held up well. The fact is Carr is overly conservative. You have to take your shots.

It is ridiculous to criticize Lamar Jackson to make the point that Carr is good. Lamar has already had more success in the league than Carr. Lamar is also the main reason for that teams success this year. 

Carr has been mediocre at best. You can say you still believe, but it is all about faith.

Edited by ragingraider

1 hour ago, ragingraider said:

The Mack trade was a great trade. It will come to be thought of similarly to the Herschel Walker trade. Mack's contract is a killer for building out your team. If you pay a guy that for one or two years fine, but, long term, it makes it tough to pay other guys whose rookie deals are ending or bring on FA. Plus, you have give up so many top picks, you don't have young inexpensive talent on your squad. 

The trade was also necessary because without our new stadium, we really didn't have the money to make that deal. Financially speaking, the team is going to have the liquidity moving forward in Las Vegas, but we didn't have it then. Not to mention, we sucked with Mack and we got almost the same statistics from Mad Max this season. We got Jacobs to boot and we will be enjoying the extra first this year as well. Our cap situation is great, which allowed us to bring on Trent last year and potentially bring on somebody good this year. Meanwhile, the Bears are in a terrible situation trying to figure out what they are going to do at QB and with guys like Leonard Floyd and Danny Trevathan. I'd be happy to pick up both those guys, and we could do it for substantially less than Mack is making. Oh and by the way, Mack isn't that young.

Similarly?

Vikings received:  Herschel Walker and 4 picks (two 3rds, a 5th and a 10th)

Cowboys received: five players and three 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd and a 6th

Bears received: Khalil Mack and a 2nd

Raiders received two 1sts, a 3rd and a 6th

2 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Similarly?

Vikings received:  Herschel Walker and 4 picks (two 3rds, a 5th and a 10th)

Cowboys received: five players and three 1sts, two 2nds, a 3rd and a 6th

Bears received: Khalil Mack and a 2nd

Raiders received two 1sts, a 3rd and a 6th

Obviously, the cowboys got more in that trade although we got a lot, but I mean similar in that we will benefit greatly long term and the bears will suffer long term. Also similar in the respect of trading away the best player at their position and being initially deemed a terrible move. 

It's a big trade that substantially alters the future of both franchises. 

Similar doesn't mean the same by the way.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Gonna drop this stat Derek Carr is 12-9 when the defense allows less then 20 points

JaMarcus Russell 6-2 Jimmy G 10-0 

Just so where clear 12-9 is not good. 

Tannehill just won 2 games in which his D allowed less than 20 points by just handing it off to Henry. I think context matters with those kind of stats.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Tannehill just won 2 games in which his D allowed less than 20 points by just handing it off to Henry. I think context matters with those kind of stats.

Context always matters.

It's like when Carr's completion percentage and yard per attempt are used to support him. If you take those stats at face value, you think he is doing well, But, in context, not so much.

• Like 3

This has continually devolved into an endless back and forth. But the middle ground is pretty clear. Carr has done well enough where you don't throw him in the trash as a player and an asset, but not nearly good enough to keep him shielded from adding genuine competition for his position. Acting like he's just a cut is absurd. And acting like he is invulnerable from someone taking his job is equally so. He's a team asset. If a better player is added to replace him, then he is trade bait for the bench until someone ponies up something equal to or beyond his worth.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Similar to the Miami fans, none of which wanted to keep "that bum Tannehill".  Go on their forum now and look at all those same hypocrites begging for Tannehill back and calling the GM that got rid of him every dirty word you can imagine.  Why, because they're clueless similar to the same stooges we have on here....

Yet you were just arguing Tannehill is a bum too.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Context does matter he put them up 14-3 with two beautiful td throws, then did the right thing, hand off to Henry until they prove they could stop him which they could not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

He also accounted for 4 of the teams 7 TDs in the 2 games if you want some more context.  He converted when it was needed.