You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Ans is you remove them 2016 season, which is a statistical outlier, the numbers fall to: 5.4 wins, 18.9 points, 327 ypg.

And if you remove 2014 and 2018 what do they look like? You can tweak the stats however you want to say whatever you want.

• Like 1

Incognito comes out and says there is no way Carr goes anywhere. Trent Brown defended him. Gruden said Carr played very well in 2019 despite the situation. 

Can we please move on from this idea. (baring injuries) NO ONE will be under center when we kick off in Vegas besides Derek Carr.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Incognito comes out and says there is no way Carr goes anywhere. Trent Brown defended him. Gruden said Carr played very well in 2019 despite the situation. 

Can we please move on from this idea. (baring injuries) NO ONE will be under center when we kick off in Vegas besides Derek Carr.

But there is the Mack thing. The whole team loved him, Gruden had high praise for him, 2 years ago it was absolutely inconceivable. It happened. Since Al Davis’ death nothing has caught me off guard until that. Since then nothing surprises me about Gruden, it would be pretty cold to trade your neighbor away but if Gruden falls in love with a QB in this class it just might happen. Not that I want it to because I still believe in Carr but it is possible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I agree that DC will be our starter. But, I see us drafting a possible replacement. Hurts, Eason, or Love if one of them is available in the third. Honestly, I think all three are interesting. Love and Eason need to sit and learn for a year. Hurts could probably be ready if DC gets hurt during the season.

I'm not a DC fan anymore, but I don't see us moving on before this season kicks off. You maybe get a second for him. If you get more, I would take it and get one of the vets on the market.

The Mack trade was a great trade. It will come to be thought of similarly to the Herschel Walker trade. Mack's contract is a killer for building out your team. If you pay a guy that for one or two years fine, but, long term, it makes it tough to pay other guys whose rookie deals are ending or bring on FA. Plus, you have give up so many top picks, you don't have young inexpensive talent on your squad. 

The trade was also necessary because without our new stadium, we really didn't have the money to make that deal. Financially speaking, the team is going to have the liquidity moving forward in Las Vegas, but we didn't have it then. Not to mention, we sucked with Mack and we got almost the same statistics from Mad Max this season. We got Jacobs to boot and we will be enjoying the extra first this year as well. Our cap situation is great, which allowed us to bring on Trent last year and potentially bring on somebody good this year. Meanwhile, the Bears are in a terrible situation trying to figure out what they are going to do at QB and with guys like Leonard Floyd and Danny Trevathan. I'd be happy to pick up both those guys, and we could do it for substantially less than Mack is making. Oh and by the way, Mack isn't that young.

35 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

But there is the Mack thing. The whole team loved him, Gruden had high praise for him, 2 years ago it was absolutely inconceivable. It happened. Since Al Davis’ death nothing has caught me off guard until that. Since then nothing surprises me about Gruden, it would be pretty cold to trade your neighbor away but if Gruden falls in love with a QB in this class it just might happen. Not that I want it to because I still believe in Carr but it is possible. 

Mack was on an expiring contract, Gruden saw it as losing a guy for nothing or getting 2 1sts for him. That is not the case with Carr.

51 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I’d say a 2nd and 5th. It’s a QB hungry league, and even though half the forum thinks he’s the worst QB in the world he still has value. 

It's probably far from half the forum, more like the same 4 guys over and over again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

I agree that DC will be our starter. But, I see us drafting a possible replacement. Hurts, Eason, or Love if one of them is available in the third. Honestly, I think all three are interesting. Love and Eason need to sit and learn for a year. Hurts could probably be ready if DC gets hurt during the season.

I'm not a DC fan anymore, but I don't see us moving on before this season kicks off. You maybe get a second for him. If you get more, I would take it and get one of the vets on the market.

I don't expect any of them to be there in the 3rd. I also don't think ANY of those guys are could beat out Kizer as a backup let alone take Carr's job.

15 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

The Mack trade was a great trade. It will come to be thought of similarly to the Herschel Walker trade. Mack's contract is a killer for building out your team. If you pay a guy that for one or two years fine, but, long term, it makes it tough to pay other guys whose rookie deals are ending or bring on FA. Plus, you have give up so many top picks, you don't have young inexpensive talent on your squad. 

The trade was also necessary because without our new stadium, we really didn't have the money to make that deal. Financially speaking, the team is going to have the liquidity moving forward in Las Vegas, but we didn't have it then. Not to mention, we sucked with Mack and we got almost the same statistics from Mad Max this season. We got Jacobs to boot and we will be enjoying the extra first this year as well. Our cap situation is great, which allowed us to bring on Trent last year and potentially bring on somebody good this year. Meanwhile, the Bears are in a terrible situation trying to figure out what they are going to do at QB and with guys like Leonard Floyd and Danny Trevathan. I'd be happy to pick up both those guys, and we could do it for substantially less than Mack is making. Oh and by the way, Mack isn't that young.

I have said this from day one and everyone laughed but in the end I am always right B|.  The talking heads i the media never mention this and like I said unless the Bears win a SB, which I knew they wouldn't with Tarshbinski as their Qb, the trade was a fail for them.  Mack would not have made us a SB team with the garbage roster we had and like I said we needed a complete overhaul which would take years.  By the time we coould potentially be in contention Mack will be over the hill and still making 25 a season.  Absolutly terrible move for the long term success of the Bears but a smart move by the Raiders.  I think Mack is a heck of a player but from a football/ business perspective we absolutely made the correct move by dealing him.

Same goes for Cooper although he is no where the caliber of player Mack is but moving on from Cooper was 100 percent the right move.  He is now the Cowgirls problem and they can overpay a #2 the 20 million he wants LOL

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I really can't believe people think Mayock is that stupid.  Can you imagine him trading Carr for a 2nd LOL having Carr land in a situation similar to Jimmy G or Tannehill and taking his team deep into the playoffs then we draft a Qb and he turns out to be a Maroita.  Do you understand the risk involved with a move like that, he would be tying his career to an unproven rookie and if that rookie busts Mayock loses his job.  He doesn't want that to happen and neither do I.  I like what I have seen from Mayock so far and taking a risk like that is beyond foolish.

All of you fair weather fans would do an about face and be calling for Mayocks head if we dealt Carr and he takes a well balanced roster to the playoffs.  Why, because you don't understand football....How could he give up on a 28 year old Qb who was a former MVP candidate on a terrible team.  You guys crack me up as to how clueless you are but going back and forth with you guys passes the time LOL  Carr will be our starting QB next season and you can take that to the bank!!!  I just hope we can finally surround him with some decent talent.  

8 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I don't expect any of them to be there in the 3rd. I also don't think ANY of those guys are could beat out Kizer as a backup let alone take Carr's job.

Kizer? IDK he can move a little, but he can't beat out Glennon.

Love and Eason both have incredible arm talent. Both are very raw and need coaching, but there is crazy upside potential in my opinion. They need to sit a full season to be sure. Hurts has played a lot in college at a high level against the best talent, and he has had success. He improved as a thrower this year and put up some great numbers. He is very much in the Cam Newton, Lamar Jackson mold. Perhaps, not quite as accomplished as a runner, but slightly more accomplished than they were as a passer coming out of college.

I think your being a bit hyperbolic. All three of them have more potential than Kizer, and I think all NFL teams would select any of the three them over Kizer at this point. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

All of you fair weather fans would do an about face and be calling for Mayocks head if we dealt Carr and he takes a well balanced roster to the playoffs.  

You're exactly right. The same people who want to replace Carr with anyone would trash the FO if the next QB isn't any better. Realistically, you replace Carr if you see an opportunity to clearly upgrade so that can't be anyone and the opportunity might not be there now.

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I really can't believe people think Mayock is that stupid.  Can you imagine him trading Carr for a 2nd LOL having Carr land in a situation similar to Jimmy G or Tannehill and taking his team deep into the playoffs then we draft a Qb and he turns out to be a Maroita.  Do you understand the risk involved with a move like that, he would be tying his career to an unproven rookie and if that rookie busts Mayock loses his job.  He doesn't want that to happen and neither do I.  I like what I have seen from Mayock so far and taking a risk like that is beyond foolish.

All of you fair weather fans would do an about face and be calling for Mayocks head if we dealt Carr and he takes a well balanced roster to the playoffs.  Why, because you don't understand football....How could he give up on a 28 year old Qb who was a former MVP candidate on a terrible team.  You guys crack me up as to how clueless you are but going back and forth with you guys passes the time LOL  Carr will be our starting QB next season and you can take that to the bank!!!  I just hope we can finally surround him with some decent talent.  

If Carr doesn't perform this year, there will be no excuses. If AB had played, there would already be no excuses.

I hope Carr is magnificent. I will wear a dunce hat, and send him flowers. But, I can't ignore what I see.  This guy isn't the same QB he was in 2016. He is still young. I hope he can find his mojo. But, he does have to locate that mojo because it has been misplaced.

There isn't any really better options for us in 2020, so he will get another chance. It will be his last if this team doesn't make the playoffs.