You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

32 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

You go outside and draw 2 lines perpendicular to each other.  Then run toward one line at a 30 degree angle from the other line for 15 feet.  Then throw with your right hand back to the line you started at across your body off your right foot with your left foot off the ground.  Come back and let me know when 1) you can throw it 35 yards and 2) the ball ends up within 3 yards of the center line.  If you have experience playing QB you might be able to do this if not your are probably going to be outside for a long time.

He didn't throw it across his body. He literally used his momentum running forward to put more air under the pass. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He didn't throw it across his body. He literally used his momentum running forward to put more air under the pass. 

TY catches the ball in the middle of the field.  You can draw a line directly down the middle of the field.  Carr is running forward and to his right.  His feet are to the right of center so his arm is even further right.  Physicaly impossible to get the ball moving from right to left, although slightly, without throwing across your body.  This is not even taking into consideration how the ball would drift to the right if he threw it straight because of his momentum when he threw the ball.  I have a picture of the throw but do not know how to post it.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I got one question who here would sign Carr to a 25M per year contract today?

That’s 10 million less than what the highest paid get. It’s also 5 more than what the raiders are paying him this year. To be honest it’s going to be the going rate for starting QBs. Look at what Bradford got. Above Average QBs are rare in the NFL. There’s not a big supply but a large demand. So yeah I’d pay it but I’d also pay him less if i could. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

That’s 10 million less than what the highest paid get. It’s also 5 more than what the raiders are paying him this year. To be honest it’s going to be the going rate for starting QBs. Look at what Bradford got. Above Average QBs are rare in the NFL. There’s not a big supply but a large demand. So yeah I’d pay it but I’d also pay him less if i could. 

You would give Carr an extension with his play? Value or not, I certainly wouldn’t. 

Rewatched this because I was so amped up after week 1 thinking Carr was about to put it all together lol

I think most people on this site were also pretty pleased with Carrs play week 1 (at the time).

What i find interesting is that there are still a lot of dinking and dunking.. but the players were making the first tackler miss. 
I do truly believe this is the offense Gruden wants to run. 
With us up 8, with under 2 minutes left.. on 3rd and 8.. Gruden (not carr) called a screen pass to Williams. 
If it doesnt work, Den gets the ball back with good field position in a 1 possession game. 

To me that shows how Gruden wants this O to work.  Gruden loves the YAC.
I honestly think Gruden calls some plays, that rely on his WRs or RB making the first defender miss. 

Carr made some other great throws in this game as well. the tight window throw the williams at the 3.41 mark is great, and a great catch.
The deep ball to Williams was pathetic. Should have been a TD but Carr lobs it way to high again. 

8 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Rewatched this because I was so amped up after week 1 thinking Carr was about to put it all together lol

I think most people on this site were also pretty pleased with Carrs play week 1 (at the time).

What i find interesting is that there are still a lot of dinking and dunking.. but the players were making the first tackler miss. 
I do truly believe this is the offense Gruden wants to run. 
With us up 8, with under 2 minutes left.. on 3rd and 8.. Gruden (not carr) called a screen pass to Williams. 
If it doesnt work, Den gets the ball back with good field position in a 1 possession game. 

To me that shows how Gruden wants this O to work.  Gruden loves the YAC.
I honestly think Gruden calls some plays, that rely on his WRs or RB making the first defender miss. 

Carr made some other great throws in this game as well. the tight window throw the williams at the 3.41 mark is great, and a great catch.
The deep ball to Williams was pathetic. Should have been a TD but Carr lobs it way to high again. 

Either it’s what gruden wants or it’s what carr is most comfortable doing. But the way gruden talks it’s seems like he wants to throw the ball downfield. Many times after a 3rd down they argued after carr checked down.

Curious how many times carr calls audibles. Iirc the int vs kc (first game) in the redzone was his audible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Either it’s what gruden wants or it’s what carr is most comfortable doing. But the way gruden talks it’s seems like he wants to throw the ball downfield. Many times after a 3rd down they argued after carr checked down.

Curious how many times carr calls audibles. Iirc the int vs kc (first game) in the redzone was his audible.

The WR screen was a good call on 3rd and 8 when they knew pressure was coming and a good chance for it to work rather than let Carr throw for 5 yards when we need 8.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In addition to being 4-31 against playoff teams, only 11 of Carr's 39 career victories have come against teams that finished the season with a winning record...

11 out of 39 may not actually be that bad of a stat... how many teams on average end with a winning record each year? 
I honestly dont know. . . this year 16 teams were worse than 8-8., and 3 teams were 8-8, .. so only 41% of teams had winning records. 

11 out of 39 - is 28%... I dont know for sure, but id think most QBs have more wins against teams without winning records, because you have more opportunties playing teams without winning records.
What a good percentage is i dont know. 

3 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

11 out of 39 may not actually be that bad of a stat... how many teams on average end with a winning record each year? 
I honestly dont know. . . this year 16 teams were worse than 8-8., and 3 teams were 8-8, .. so only 41% of teams had winning records. 

11 out of 39 - is 28%... I dont know for sure, but id think most QBs have more wins against teams without winning records, because you have more opportunties playing teams without winning records.
What a good percentage is i dont know. 

The most telling stat to me is that he's 4-31 against playoff teams, it gets even worse when you realize who those 4 wins came against. 

• 2015: W vs. 12-4 Denver - Starting QB: Brock Osweiler 

• 2016: W vs. 9-7 Houston - Starting QB: Brock Osweiler (15 TD, 16 INT)

• 2017: W vs. 9-7 Tennessee - Starting QB: Marcus Mariota (13 TD, 15 INT)

• 2017 W vs. 10-6 Kansas City - Starting QB: Alex Smith  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The most telling stat to me is that he's 4-31 against playoff teams, it gets even worse when you realize who those 4 wins came against. 

• 2015: W vs. 12-4 Denver - Starting QB: Brock Osweiler 

• 2016: W vs. 9-7 Houston - Starting QB: Brock Osweiler (15 TD, 16 INT)

• 2017: W vs. 9-7 Tennessee - Starting QB: Marcus Mariota (13 TD, 15 INT)

• 2017 W vs. 10-6 Kansas City - Starting QB: Alex Smith  

yea for sure this is a big area of concern. 

for fun I looked up the other thing, and found Tom Brady has 70 wins against teams with winnng records. 
and 219 career total reg season wins. .. so 32% of his career wins are against winning teams. .. so carrs 28% id assume probably isnt that bad. 

there are much better stats to argue Carr is bad aha like your 4-31 stat lol