You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

He has a 7.8 YPA. Yes it’s inflated by screens but most GMs aren’t going to look too much at the analytics. They know what he’s done in the past in an explosive system and I’m sure some OC thinks they can revive that. We can argue whether or not we think the Raiders will pay that but truth be told most executives would sign Carr if they don’t have a starter. 

What’s Carr’s trade value?

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For those who are scared of moving on from Carr because they don’t want to be mediocre, just remember. 

4 years before Carr came: 352 ypg, 21.5 ppg, 6.0 wins per year 

6 years with Carr: 335 yards per game, 20.1 ppg, 6.5 wins per year

Dam thats Interesting 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For those who are scared of moving on from Carr because they don’t want to be mediocre, just remember. 

Lol we would barely qualify for that now. Really not that big of a risk to move on. Hopefully it happens.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

such a shame jason campbell got injured as well as DMC the 2010 season.

While I agree with the point you are making, the 4 years prior to Carr, we had our best QB play since Gannon, with Campbell and Palmer. 
Pryor wasnt a great QB, but the guy was explosive too. 

again, I agree with your point, but the 4 years prior we were also pretty mediocre (below with Pryor)

Edited by BackinBlack

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yikes this thread still a thing. Face facts, people one narrative and it’s not going change no matters the facts. Like a liberal/conservative debate, waste of time trying to change someone’s mind 

you visit a Raider Forum...open a thread called, do we move on from Carr.... and get angry that people are talking about whether or not Carr should be the QB lol

the fact that there is so much debate pretty much shows that he is a middle of the pack QB. 
I really am not a fan of this QB class, and using one of firsts on a QB especially Love would really make me sick (id still trust mayock, jsut not what id do)

the FA QB market will be slim. 
I think Carr gets lucky, and gets another year because of the options available.

I just hope we bring in someone who can actually push/ compete against Carr. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why are yo using 4 years?

• Like 3

Middle of the pack is a lot better than this franchise has ever had. (I think he is a good QB just been surrounded by trash). Carr already has most of the franchise records for passing lol. People have short term memory and don’t remember all the bad days of not having a starting QB. We were a joke and had a new QB almost ever year. Lol. This franchise has just been a mess since Carr has been here: coaching changes, horrible drafting under Reggie, always changing the scheme, lack of talent. It’s getting better now,  but there was a reason management needed to change. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Can you include 6 instead of 4 years (Before carr)

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Middle of the pack is a lot better than this franchise has ever had. (I think he is a good QB just been surrounded by trash). Carr already has most of the franchise records for passing lol. People have short term memory and don’t remember all the bad days of not having a starting QB. We were a joke and had a new QB almost ever year. Lol. This franchise has just been a mess since Carr has been here: coaching changes, horrible drafting under Reggie, always changing the scheme, lack of talent. It’s getting better now,  but there was a reason management needed to change. 

Gannon, Plunkett, Stabler, Blanda 

STFU and GTFO permanently 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

Haven’t done the numbers myself, but maybe it wouldn’t fit the narrative.

6 year numbers: 5.6 wins, 325 ypg, 15.5 ppg. The first two years of the 6 year cycle we had Andrew Walter and JaMarcus Russell starting at QB. 

But one important to remember that in the 4 years before Carr showed up. We were getting basically identical offensive production and wins with great QB’s such as Jason Campbell, Carson Palmer off the couch, Kyle Boller, Matt McGloin, and Tyrelle Pryor. 

Ans is you remove them 2016 season, which is a statistical outlier, the numbers fall to: 5.4 wins, 18.9 points, 327 ypg.