You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I used to yell at the tv “stop throwing to the dam rb “ I remember one game he didn’t ever target a wr until the end of the 2nd qtr.

Then the 3rd and 4th down situations and he gets immediate blurred vision and can’t see open receivers or running lanes and throws it away. 

then the Carrsplation cult comes out 

DtH3J0rXgAEp3eE.jpg

Just now, Gannon12 said:

Then the 3rd and 4th down situations and he gets immediate blurred vision and can’t see open receivers or running lanes and throws it away. 

then the Carrsplation cult comes out 

DtH3J0rXgAEp3eE.jpg

Carr needs to join a check downs anonymous support group so he can overcome this glitch in his brain

• Like 2

If anybody is interested. Ted Nguyen wrote probably the most fair article I've seen on derek Carr this year. He highlights the highs and lows. Things we discuss here and some things we didnt.  

One thing he mention and I didnt notice. Carr doesnt sell play action good at all. His fake is horrendous. I always wondering why Jacobs can run so good and we still not catch people sleeping with plays action. He doesnt even pretend to put ball close to rb chest or belly. I'm sure if he is back next season. Gruden gonna work with him on that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

If anybody is interested. Ted Nguyen wrote probably the most fair article I've seen on derek Carr this year. He highlights the highs and lows. Things we discuss here and some things we didnt.  

One thing he mention and I didnt notice. Carr doesnt sell play action good at all. His fake is horrendous. I always wondering why Jacobs can run so good and we still not catch people sleeping with plays action. He doesnt even pretend to put ball close to rb chest or belly. I'm sure if he is back next season. Gruden gonna work with him on that. 

Man i wish he wasn’t on the athletic. I miss being able to read or watch his takes. 

I think the end evauluation reflects what we believe: Mixed. He does some things well and some things poorly. Question is what does Gruden think? I don’t know. He probably doesn’t either. I do think if Brady comes truly available the Raiders will try their best to sign him. Obviously I’m not on board with signing Brady but that’s not to say i think Gruden wouldn’t do it. Buckle up guys. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Carr should watch tape of Jason Campbell. Campbell wasn't the best QB, but his play action fakes were awesome. That 59-14 Denver game comes to mind. 

8 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Carr should watch tape of Jason Campbell. Campbell wasn't the best QB, but his play action fakes were awesome. That 59-14 Denver game comes to mind. 

Till this day, I do not understand why we gave up on Jason Campbell so quickly.  Bringing in Carson Palmer was a huge fail.

There is no way this poll is accurate. We probably have 7-8 people on here voicing to keep Carr, on a good day. And we certainly don’t have 60 posters in this sub. I do not put it past HB and Frankie making Fake Accounts, it seems exactly, 100%, what those two would do. 

I’ll make another poll/thread closer to draft time, maybe early March, that won’t be an anonymous poll. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Till this day, I do not understand why we gave up on Jason Campbell so quickly.  Bringing in Carson Palmer was a huge fail.

Campbell got hurt for the season and we were 4-2 hoping to make the playoffs for the first time in forever Hue made the trade for Palmer.

31 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Campbell got hurt for the season and we were 4-2 hoping to make the playoffs for the first time in forever Hue made the trade for Palmer.

Yep. Carson was an upgrade over Campbell, although very veryyy small upgrade that we paid a huge price for. So we kept Carson over Jason. And the whole reason we made the trade was to try to keep our 4-2 season alive. We should of cut our losses honestly. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

There is no way this poll is accurate. We probably have 7-8 people on here voicing to keep Carr, on a good day. And we certainly don’t have 60 posters in this sub. I do not put it past HB and Frankie making Fake Accounts, it seems exactly, 100%, what those two would do. 

I’ll make another poll/thread closer to draft time, maybe early March, that won’t be an anonymous poll. 

Or maybe people just aren’t interested in getting into a circlular argument about why they for Carr still starting. They can give an opinion without being flogged for them.