You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yep. Carson was an upgrade over Campbell, although very veryyy small upgrade that we paid a huge price for. So we kept Carson over Jason. And the whole reason we made the trade was to try to keep our 4-2 season alive. We should of cut our losses honestly. 

I wish that never happened, the Raiders had no shot at Luck or RG3 but i guess they would have taken Tannehill. Having no first or second hamstrung that team. 

1 minute ago, Rolni said:

Mike Mayock recent interview with Pascal suggest that we keep adding talent around Carr

Surprise surprise. A team NOT interested in moving on from a 28 year old franchise QB what a shocker. Lol

It's one thing for fans to hate on Carr and WANT to move on. 

It's a whole different thing,  bordering on insanity, when fans say they believe the Raiders feel the same way.

There is not 1 GM outta 32 that, with Derek Carr under contract, is looking for another QB. NONE!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Surprise surprise. A team NOT interested in moving on from a 28 year old franchise QB what a shocker. Lol

It's a whole different thing,  bordering on insanity, when fans say they believe the Raiders feel the same way.

There is not 1 GM outta 32 that, with Derek Carr under contract, is looking for another QB. NONE!!

Poker face 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Or maybe people just aren’t interested in getting into a circlular argument about why they for Carr still starting. They can give an opinion without being flogged for them. 

We have like 25 posters in this sub, maybe 30 topps. We didn’t get 20-25 outsiders. Literally no doubts it was Frankie/HB. Fake votes to prove their point fits their personality 100%. 

13 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Campbell got hurt for the season and we were 4-2 hoping to make the playoffs for the first time in forever Hue made the trade for Palmer.

I know all that.  I just never agreed with the trade.  Even when it happened.  Wasn't Carson Palmer not getting along with the Bengals?  We traded serious capital for a player that didn't even want to play with the team he was with.  I never understood that.  I'd have rather we just racked up losses and had better draft positioning.  Then went into the next season with Jason Campbell under center.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We have like 25 posters in this sub, maybe 30 topps. We didn’t get 20-25 outsiders. Literally no doubts it was Frankie/HB. Fake votes to prove their point fits their personality 100%. 

I voted to retain Carr.  I think we should at least do what the Chiefs did and stack talent throughout the roster before going all in on a QB that may have a Pat Mahomes ceiling.  I would rather us stack blue chip talent throughout the roster before pulling the trigger on a QB that ends up with a crappy OL and no weapons.

42 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I know all that.  I just never agreed with the trade.  Even when it happened.  Wasn't Carson Palmer not getting along with the Bengals?  We traded serious capital for a player that didn't even want to play with the team he was with.  I never understood that.  I'd have rather we just racked up losses and had better draft positioning.  Then went into the next season with Jason Campbell under center.

you underestimate our desperation to make the playoffs at that time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

you underestimate our desperation to make the playoffs at that time.

It had a lot to do with Hue’s ego too. The last season ended with Cable proclaiming that they weren’t losers anymore. If hue ended the season with a sub .500 record that would have been his head. It still was because he missed playoffs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Where is this. Mayock ain't spoke in a minute. 

It was on the Raiders official podcast. I listened to it this morning. Mayock seemed pretty...diplomatic... but he did say that he felt that a lack of depth and WRs where a the reason for the losses. I thought it was interesting that he didn’t heap a lot of praise on Williams. Might have slipped his mind but it could end up with a salary cut. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

It was on the Raiders official podcast. I listened to it this morning. Mayock seemed pretty...diplomatic... but he did say that he felt that a lack of depth and WRs where a the reason for the losses. I thought it was interesting that he didn’t heap a lot of praise on Williams. Might have slipped his mind but it could end up with a salary cut. 

Anything about linebackers. 

4 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Mayock and Gruden talked up Mack too. You really think 32 GM's are in love with Carr is just silly.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Mayock and Gruden talked up Mack too. You really think 32 GM's are in love with Carr is just silly.

I’m starting to think OGX is just a massive troll at this point. 0 in 32 would look to move on? Just because you sound confident doesn’t make you not a troll. I still remember the Carr >>> Mahomes comment, and he meant as of now and not as prospects. 

I will give him credit, he’s got a alpha personality. Most trolls are beta males that I don’t need to name.