Jump to content
showtime

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles

Seattle Seahawks @ Philadelphia Eagles  

92 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Philadelphia Eagles
      35
    • Seattle Seahawks
      57


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Falling head first isn’t what the league considers a QB “giving himself up”.  Just in that very same game you could see how it’s done (Wilson). Not saying that Clowney was afforded to make that hit (that other non-QB players take on the reg) but Wentz exposed himself. 

This was changed in the rules 2 years ago... Falling headfirst as a running QB is now indeed giving yourself up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gravity said:

Which movie is it?

Silver Linings Playbook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Fake humble. Specially coming from a Seahawks fan. Just me have my L in peace and none of thIs fake love. 

What's fake about it?  Carson Wentz got hurt after Clowney cheap shot him with a helmet-to-helmet hit.  That was completely unacceptable by Clowney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

RMIB, I know you all are upset, but he has a point. What is the common denominator in a lot of Wentz's injuries? 

He doesnt know when a play is over. 

 

And until he learns, he is going to keep getting hurt. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. You know it as well. 

I mean he was going to the ground and then Clowney hits him from behind. He played no different than he has all season, where he only missed ~15 snaps in Atlanta.

My issue is criticizing him for this play in particular? And then using that play as the “last straw”, suggesting we move on from him as he’s not a franchise QB?... because he doesn’t have an iron skull?

 

He was healthy in 2016. Gets the knee injury in late 2017, and can it not be argued the 2018 back injury stemmed from being rushed back from the knee? He comes back and plays 2019 healthy after getting 9-10 months to recover, which strongly supports the idea that the knee was never fully healed and that we can group 2017 and 2018 as 1 problem. So he finishes 2019 healthy, quieting a lot of the injury prone talk... but then he takes a cheap shot to the head and suddenly that goes all out the window (PLENTY of QBs have missed a game or two in their careers from a head injury. What is the difference, in context of QB’s reliability, between it occurring week in 10 or the playoffs? That really is just bad luck, no?)

 

“Wentz has ended 3 years in a row on the bench”. So if Wentz chokes week 17 and we miss the playoffs, going through 2019 playing all but 15 snaps, he is reliable? That’s where that kind of thinking just falls a part to me, looking at the situation deliberately w/ no context. It’s also dishonest to compare this latest injury, which likely/hopefully is 2 weeks max if just a concussion, with the true season ending injuries of 2017 and 2018. Yes, I suppose if we’re being literal, he did have his season ended by injury 3x in a row, but I guess I just find that pretty misleading.

 

He’s had 2 major injuries as an NFL QB, the 2nd possibly brought on from or exacerbated by the 1st,  and an ill timed concussion. Is that injury prone? I suppose, most QBs won’t have that medical history in a 4 year stretch.... but is that really “glass man you can not win with” territory?

 

With all that said, yes he needs to continue improving avoiding hits and minimizing injury risk. He improved in 2019. Why would we cut bait and not hope for more improvement in 2020? Clearly it IS something that can be improved/taught... Even if taking longer than we would hope. I don’t think YOU have alluded to cutting bait w/ Wentz, but that certainly is the implication of any post to the tune of “not a franchise QB, unreliable.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

With all that said, yes he needs to continue improving avoiding hits and minimizing injury risk. He improved in 2019. Why would we cut bait and not hope for more improvement in 2020? Clearly it IS something that can be improved/taught... Even if taking longer than we would hope. I don’t think YOU have alluded to cutting bait w/ Wentz, but that certainly is the implication of any post to the tune of “not a franchise QB, unreliable.” 

Correct, I didnt allude to any of the rest of that. Or even state that the play in question signifies anything about him. Just pointing out that those people have a point that he gets hit to much and to hard.

I agree that this year was really solid from a health standpoint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This was changed in the rules 2 years ago... Falling headfirst as a running QB is now indeed giving yourself up.

Well (if true), look at what that got him.  Why doesn't Wilson do this now that the rule says he gets at most an extra yard in forward progress?  Situational awareness is like common sense.  You don't often "learn it", especially if you don't know what it is.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I suppose he could’ve leaned back and accepted deaths embrace behind him... you right.

It's served many QB's well....well outside of Bridgewater.  

Sorry for the loss and I hope Wentz recovers 100%. 

Edited by ///mcompact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This was changed in the rules 2 years ago... Falling headfirst as a running QB is now indeed giving yourself up.

Diving forward isnt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Diving forward isnt. 

I didn't think it was either. But I suppose I could have missed that rule change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Diving forward isnt. 

Depends on the QB...I has the last couple years been called that way 

Regardless of it. He still can’t do a think about an illegal target to the back of his head.

itll be a moved goalpost soon as all the best QBs move out of the pocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Depends on the QB...I has the last couple years been called that way 

Regardless of it. He still can’t do a think about an illegal target to the back of his head.

itll be a moved goalpost soon as all the best QBs move out of the pocket

I put the video up in your thread. I am fairly certain he was targeting the back of Wentz, the helmet slid up into the back of Wentz's head. I dont think he was purposely trying to drive Wentz's head in the ground. It was still a crappy play from Clowney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

This was changed in the rules 2 years ago... Falling headfirst as a running QB is now indeed giving yourself up.

Well it's still not very smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I put the video up in your thread. I am fairly certain he was targeting the back of Wentz, the helmet slid up into the back of Wentz's head. I dont think he was purposely trying to drive Wentz's head in the ground. It was still a crappy play from Clowney. 

He used his head to spear

which is it’s own penalty no matter where it hits and the crux of it being a dirty hit.

He just hit the double whammy and got Wentz in the head. Didn’t cost him a thing in the game, sure the league will take some cash from him in a couple days like it means anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Well (if true), look at what that got him.  Why doesn't Wilson do this now that the rule says he gets at most an extra yard in forward progress?  Situational awareness is like common sense.  You don't often "learn it", especially if you don't know what it is.   

Yeah i always understood that if you dive you open yourself up to shots because you aren't giving yourself up which is why most QB's slide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×