Are You Comfortable with the RB Position?

CWood21

1 hour ago, PackyAttacky said:

The most injury prone player ever coming to the team where everybody gets hurt, how is that going to end? Maybe like a double negative, cancel each other out or something.

Yeah, Ryan Mathews is probably one of the last FA that Ted would bring in.

21 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

More like the MSU kid. 

PSU RB should be a Top 15 pick. 

...Or we sign a street FA. I have 1 particular RB in mind. 

11 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Not Crowell..?

Street FA, as in they've been cut after the 2017 NFL season and won't count against the compensatory formula. 

Either way.... *shhhhh* @CentralFC

Belonging to a dynasty league with a bunch of posters from the Packers sub means I need to watch what I say at times. 

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I respectfully disagree.  Evans was and is a 4 time All Pro and 6 time Pro Bowl member.  Lang went to one Pro Bowl.  Never an All Pro.  If you look at their careers, Evans > Lang.  And that's not a knock against TJ, he was a very good player.

Lang had a back issue and foot issues.  What got him in GB last year...knee?  Hip?

And Evans was very solid last year.  

To be fair, they are guards and both will play next to a good center in Lindsley and a very good tackle in Bulaga.  Guards can and do age pretty well.  When healthy, Lang did move better than Evans (later in his career).  But Lang's injury has limited that mobility.

I don't think you will see any drop off this year from Lang to Evans, except in the payroll.  Now, if TJ were healthy.....

Thank God it's 2013 then

7 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Sorry, I still respectfully disagree.  Even a declining Evans is not going to be a "huge dropoff" from the banged up Lang of last year.  As stated, possibly you will see it a little in the run game, but last year I didn't see Lang move a whole lot anyway.

And again, Lang was never All Pro.  That was Evans.  4 times.

Difference between the wording that was used "All pro caliber" and what you're trying to make it seem like I said, "All pro". This is a popularity contest and one of reputation. Had Lang busted onto the scene before Sitton, their accolades would probably be reversed regardless of how their play changed. When you don't have stats to go off of, reputation is all these guys are judged on and reputation lags years behind reality. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Difference between the wording that was used "All pro caliber" and what you're trying to make it seem like I said, "All pro". This is a popularity contest and one of reputation. Had Lang busted onto the scene before Sitton, their accolades would probably be reversed regardless of how their play changed. When you don't have stats to go off of, reputation is all these guys are judged on and reputation lags years behind reality. 

I agree Lang was worth of some AP's but I don't think Evans were an accident either. I honestly believe Jahri is/was/will go down a better OL in most minds of people who aren't just going of popularity and things like that.. Though I may argue Lang burned brighter. Then again maybe I sell Jahri short in that regard, his prime seems ages ago somehow.

2 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Great post, agree with it all, and particularly this point as it relates to offensive linemen.

FWIW, it's far more true of the PB than the AP, even though All Pro is a joke sometimes too. I mean, times change but they put freaking Conklin in this past season. And he was far from the only rookie/young guy.

I think, to a degree, AP gets kinda screwed because it gets lumped in with the terrible crap that is the PB roster.

"I'm not telling you what it is," Montgomery said.

Montgomery said his injury did not result from the exhibition, or the Packers' closed practice Sunday. He described the injury as "nothing major" and said he missed Tuesday's practice as a precaution.

"It was just something on and off," Montgomery said. "Something I’m dealing with. Nothing in particular that happened. Nothing major. Nothing to worry about."

sigh.

Archived