2020 Free Agency

Lionized

37 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

im starting to think we go Simmons over Okudah, Brown or Young.  idk why just a feeling

I get the feeling if we sign Logan Ryan that the Lions covet Derrick Brown a lot higher than us fans do. With Tua's workout video surfacing I am hoping we get a haul from Miami or LAC and get Brown, Simmons, or Okudah but like I said I think Lions have Brown rated higher of those 3.

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

im starting to think we go Simmons over Okudah, Brown or Young.  idk why just a feeling

Tbh, I think Simmons has the highest ceiling but also the most potential to bust. I think Okudah is the safest pick. I wouldn’t complain about any of the four (Young/Okudah/Simmons/Brown) though.

• Like 3

The reality is that Trufant and Ryan are 29 years old. Even if we add Ryan to the roster we still need to get younger at the position. 

Logan Ryan (29) - PFF Score 64.9

Slot - 694 Snaps

Wide - 215 Snaps

Box - 153 Snaps

If anything, Ryan looks more like a guy to possibly replace Coleman but also has versatility as opposed to being our next true CB2. We could still take Okudah and play him wide even if we add Ryan into the mix. 

25 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

The reality is that Trufant and Ryan are 29 years old. Even if we add Ryan to the roster we still need to get younger at the position. 

Logan Ryan (29) - PFF Score 64.9

Slot - 694 Snaps

Wide - 215 Snaps

Box - 153 Snaps

If anything, Ryan looks more like a guy to possibly replace Coleman but also has versatility as opposed to being our next true CB2. We could still take Okudah and play him wide even if we add Ryan into the mix. 

We definitely could.

I'm starting to believe that WAS will be trading down. They have a bunch of holes, aren't ready to compete right now and any team that wants Tua runs the risk of missing him if they only trade to #3. To me, signing Ryan makes Young the no-brainer choice at #3.

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We definitely could.

I'm starting to believe that WAS will be trading down. They have a bunch of holes, aren't ready to compete right now and any team that wants Tua runs the risk of missing him if they only trade to #3. To me, signing Ryan makes Young the no-brainer choice at #3.

Young would be that guy at #3 with or without Ryan but I do think it's a good idea to have a back up plan in case we don't get Okudah (either by trading down and/or we get Young). 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We definitely could.

I am expecting the Redskins to take Young at #2. Even if Rivera wanted to trade it away, I just don't see Snyder passing up on him. Hopefully I'm wrong and he does fall to us. 

Yeah I'm expecting Young at 2 also. Tua is a huge risk, and really, Haskins hasn't been given a fair shake and is already on the roster(not a wasted resource for Rivera). I think the Washington game plan is to fill holes, evaluate the QB/team for a season and then make franchise altering moves like QB selections.

I'm just hoping Miami cracks, and moves 5/18 for 3. Lots of the same holes in our own team imo, so getting an extra first can help plug those up long-term. (OL/RB/Pass Rush/DL depth)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Yeah I'm expecting Young at 2 also. Tua is a huge risk, and really, Haskins hasn't been given a fair shake and is already on the roster(not a wasted resource for Rivera). I think the Washington game plan is to fill holes, evaluate the QB/team for a season and then make franchise altering moves like QB selections.

Yeah, I don't think WAS is taking Tua. I'm convinced that, with the number of holes they have, the teams that want Tua will trade with WAS at #2.