49ers Stats and Observations

Forge

On 1/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, rudyZ said:

Last week, after the divisional game, Chris Simms said Levi's was even louder than Arrowhead. He put Levi's behind only Seattle and the RCA Dome, in terms of crowd noise. I assume it was even louder in the NFCCG.

They had the meter up during the game and the highest I saw it was like 109 DB. I wasn’t always looking at it though so doesn’t mean that was as loud as it got. It’s was louder than the other games I’ve been at at Levi’s for sure but I don’t think it was nearly as loud as Seattle when I went back in the Singletary era. 

32 minutes ago, straighthate said:

They had the meter up during the game and the highest I saw it was like 109 DB. I wasn’t always looking at it though so doesn’t mean that was as loud as it got. It’s was louder than the other games I’ve been at at Levi’s for sure but I don’t think it was nearly as loud as Seattle when I went back in the Singletary era. 

The NFL record is 142.2. 

To give perspective to 109, every 10 decibels the sound doubles. So, 142.2 is roughly 3x as loud as what you saw on the board lol I don't remember seeing anything. I know theyve put something up once or twice in other games but it looked like a fake graphic. 

I've never been to a road game. Candlestick wasn't designed to be a football stadium. Levi's acoustics are certainly better than any other stadium. There is a weird echo that comes off the tower and the sound reverberates. I wish they would release how loud it was, still haven't able to find it. Someone tweet at one of the Matt's for me lol (I don't have Twitter) 

Edited by N4L

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-how-coaches-have-fared-in-their-first-attempt-to-hoist-the-lombardi-trophy/

"In the back of my mind, [when making the Super Bowl game plan back in L.A.], I operated knowing I had another week," McVay told Sports Illustrated of his regrets from that 13-3 loss. "That urgency to completely finalize the gameplan wasn't quite there, and that led to me watching so much film that you can almost water down your thought process."

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-how-coaches-have-fared-in-their-first-attempt-to-hoist-the-lombardi-trophy/

"In the back of my mind, [when making the Super Bowl game plan back in L.A.], I operated knowing I had another week," McVay told Sports Illustrated of his regrets from that 13-3 loss. "That urgency to completely finalize the gameplan wasn't quite there, and that led to me watching so much film that you can almost water down your thought process."

Typical high school student with one more week to finish some school work.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I tried to look up the past six winners but its too much work for me lol. I'd assume the 2015 Broncos are on the list.

I could dig some more but I can see the sack numbers for regular season so my guesses are:

Sack totals listed are from regular season.... So its a rough guess to who these last six teams were.

2005 Steelers- 47

2007 Giants- 53

2008- Steelers- 51

2010 Green Bay- 47

2011 Giants- 48

2013 Seahawks - 44 * They weren't in the top three and not even sure what their sack total was including playoffs*

2015 Broncos- 52

2004 Pats- 45 sacks - if we went to last 16 years then add the pats

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I could dig some more but I can see the sack numbers for regular season so my guesses are:

Sack totals listed are from regular season.... So its a rough guess to who these last six teams were.

2005 Steelers- 47

2007 Giants- 53

2008- Steelers- 51

2010 Green Bay- 47

2011 Giants- 48

2013 Seahawks - 44 * They weren't in the top three and not even sure what their sack total was including playoffs*

2015 Broncos- 52

2004 Pats- 45 sacks - if we went to last 16 years then add the pats