Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

I've gone back and forth on this and I'm finally on the Seahawks. Too many signs point to them: better QB, their coach has playoff and SB experience, and perhaps most importantly, the Packers have struggled against deep passing, where Russell Wilson has been deadly. Green Bay on the season has given up the 5th most attempts (70), 3rd most completions (30), the 6th highest completion percentage (42.9%), 3rd most passing yards (1,081) and 10th most TDs (6) on throws of 20+ air yards. Wilson tossed the 5th most throws (71), had the 3rd most completions (30), 7th best completion percentage (42.3%), 3rd most yards (1,059)  and 10th most TDs (6) on throws of 20+ air yards.

To me, that shows Wilson will be able to get his passing deep and in a game that should be so close, I think that will let Seattle eek out a win.

40 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

I've gone back and forth on this and I'm finally on the Seahawks. Too many signs point to them: better QB, their coach has playoff and SB experience, and perhaps most importantly, the Packers have struggled against deep passing, where Russell Wilson has been deadly. Green Bay on the season has given up the 5th most attempts (70), 3rd most completions (30), the 6th highest completion percentage (42.9%), 3rd most passing yards (1,081) and 10th most TDs (6) on throws of 20+ air yards. Wilson tossed the 5th most throws (71), had the 3rd most completions (30), 7th best completion percentage (42.3%), 3rd most yards (1,059)  and 10th most TDs (6) on throws of 20+ air yards.

To me, that shows Wilson will be able to get his passing deep and in a game that should be so close, I think that will let Seattle eek out a win.

Better QB?  That's probably debatable, but I still think Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson.  Both are great players, though.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Better QB?  That's probably debatable, but I still think Aaron Rodgers is better than Russell Wilson.  Both are great players, though.

I don't think it's debatable this year. Wilson has 8.8 adjusted yards per attempt, Rodgers is at 7.6.  Wilson has thrown for 8.0 yards per atttempt, Rodgers is at 7.0. Wilson threw 5 more TDs (31 vs 26) on 53 less pass attempts (513 vs 569). Wilson also ran for 342 yards and 3 TDs, compared to just 183 yards and 1 TD on 43 attempts from Rodgers.

2010 was nine years ago, Wilson is the better QB this year.

Edited by Nozizaki

6 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

spread opened at Packers - 3.5
then moved to Packers - 4
now it's at Packers   - 4.5

Take it for what it's worth to you

The weather is really shaping up to advantage the Packers. GB has the better run game, better defense. It doesn't help that Seattles entire offensive line is out/limited in practice. Just does not bode well for this type of game. Just the thought of a busted broken Joey Hunt trying to block Kenny Clark is giving me PrePTSD. Did everyone see what Fletcher Cox did last week?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

can you name them?

They currently have the 17th ranked offense and the 23th ranked defense. They are 15th and 9th in points scored and allowed to their benefit. I don't recall a 13-3 team in recent memory having a statistically average offense/defense win that many games. 

Think we are gonna get a nice showcase from the Packers rookie class in this one. Expect Savage to make a few crucial plays on the backend, Jenkins will hold it down up front as he typically does, and I think we are gonna see some pressure coming from Rashan Gary. Excited for this one. Just hope the team isnt overlooking the Seahawks. This is the best I have felt about a Packers playoff game in a long time 

2 hours ago, Nads786 said:

They currently have the 17th ranked offense and the 23th ranked defense. They are 15th and 9th in points scored and allowed to their benefit. I don't recall a 13-3 team in recent memory having a statistically average offense/defense win that many games. 

Look at DVOA, not bulk stats.

Also, you don't recall the ranks of any 13-3 teams in recent memory without looking them up 🙃

Also, as I pointed out earlier, GB has dominated their opposition more than these stats let on, as evidenced by the 538 article I posted.

Edited by incognito_man