Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

1 minute ago, Norm said:

He wasn't really trying to "prove"anything.

He was BSing around and then all the sudden "AKSHUALLY.....these don't count"

I know Malf enough to know this...

edit: my post wasn't meant to be taken seriously either. (although there's some truth in it.)

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Which one is worse:

Losing the game or having bad field position in the 2nd quarter?

If we get the ball after that fumble and score a TD in the ensuing drive that changes the game.

I still can't figure out why nobody got a recovery after a fumble and Seattle gets to keep the ball.  smh

Edited by Pugger

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I would say yes, it was a bad spot, but only by a couple of inches and nothing egregious like I had initially thought in the first place and so I can understand why the refs made the call that they did.

That's mainly what I'm trying to get people to realize. I think it's pretty close, he either made it by like an inch or two, or was short an inch or two. But people were saying he was like a yard short, that's ridiculous.

Like you said, I understand how they saw enough in real time to call a first down, and how they didn't have enough evidence to overturn that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DannyB said:

That's mainly what I'm trying to get people to realize. I think it's pretty close, he either made it by like an inch or two, or was short an inch or two. But people were saying he was like a yard short, that's ridiculous.

Like you said, I understand how they saw enough in real time to call a first down, and how they didn't have enough evidence to overturn that.

Yep. Bottom line is that the initial call was a first down, which is completely understandable, and by RULE--not the refs, it comes down whether or not there is enough evidence to overturned it or not and there wasn't. 

Ultimately, the divide and "controversy" seems to be stemming from fans pretty much splitting hairs. In this case, an inch or two, literally.

4 hours ago, evilflamingo said:

Was hoping for a Seattle win as that would have been the easier opponent but can't complain with the better team being more deserving of the W. Rodgers was ace on 3rd down and won the QB matchup with that. 49ers needs to do a better job locking it down and containing Adams. 

You guys did a pretty good job at locking down Adams a few weeks ago.