Divisional Round: Seattle Seahawks vs Green Bay Packers

BayRaider

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

I'm asking this in a not-douchey, not-patronizing a-hole type of way: Is there a solid clip of the play, and where the refs finally spotted it? I want to see it again. I'm looking for one myself. It just seemed like time after time, on those replays, you see his body flying toward the ground with the ball in his hands underneath, and when he was finally down on the ground the ball seems to be ABOUT at the 36. But those are all the close up replays, I'd love to see the whole play.

I haven't seen a gif of the play yet but this is as close as I can find. The referee spots the ball at the white line eventually.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The ref spotted the ball at the white line....lol like I understand you can't overturn the first down, but the initial spot itself was so bad I almost want to say the ref did it on purpose.

Once again.... The yellow line is not where the 1st down line is.. the refs dont call 1st down using the yellow line. From the quick side view showing both the line and the markers the line was ahead of the markers... 

6 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Also San Fran, please destroy Green Bay. Like drop a 50 burger on them. Do it for the Best Coast. 

Whoa whoa whoa, Seahawks fan rooting for SF??? Say it ain't so!! 

Can't promise we drop a 50 burger, but I will tell Shanny and the crew to give it a shot 😀.

Just now, showtime said:

Doesn't matter if the ref missed the spot or not.  The game didn't come down to just that one moment.  Green Bay deserved to win the game. 

Completely agreed, but you know I'm still salty about the referee giving Jimmy Graham an extra yard and a half. If Malik Turner catches a routine pass or the Seahawks get off the field on 2 straight 3rd-and-long situations, different ball game.

Instead, GB converted and Seattle choked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Doesn't matter if the ref missed the spot or not.  The game didn't come down to just that one moment.  Green Bay deserved to win the game. 

This I will agree with. The Packers led all game. Bad spot, yes. Game-changing, not really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls I just found this...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was it a first down? <a href="https://t.co/Ma7OqvvLJQ">pic.twitter.com/Ma7OqvvLJQ</a></p>&mdash; Snubbed&#39;Darius Smith (@FTBeard11) <a href="https://twitter.com/FTBeard11/status/1216552827150991361?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT - this appears to be eeehhh....not working. I don't know how to embed a tweet.

Right-click on the time stamp and copy/paste it. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yes? He was very clearly short of the first down line, and the referee not only gave him the first, but gave him at least another yard after that.

He was laying on top of the defender initially. He rolled over him and very clearly got the 1st.