Texas_OutLaw7

Jay Glazer: new hc is mccarthy

11 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’ll tell you one person who hates the hire, Mark Lane. He’s been retweeting Packer fan hatred from 2017-2018 for the last hour lol

Haha, I'm pretty sure Mark Lane is the weirdest dude in Cowboys media.

"[Rodgers changes plays] so often that it can be hard for McCarthy to get into a rhythm as the play caller," Kahler wrote. "McCarthy might call the same play three times in a game, without the play actually being run as he called it. And if McCarthy calls a play that Rodgers doesn’t like early in the game, that can sour the mood for the rest of the game."

Kahler and Breer both reported that the playcalling changes turned into a competition over who can call the better play.

"It’s almost ‘who’s got the better call?'" one anonymous coach told Breer. "Two really smart guys, ultra-competitive guys.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/03/aaron-rodgers-regularly-changed-mike-mccarthy-play-calls-packers

JJ basically had to hire MM. That in and of itself is not a real problem if the new guy is worthy. The only issue is history. Only one coach has won SBs with 2 different teams. Can MM  break that precedent?

6 minutes ago, TVScout said:

JJ basically had to hire MM. That in and of itself is not a real problem if the new guy is worthy. The only issue is history. Only one coach has won SBs with 2 different teams. Can MM  break that precedent?

I actually dont think any HC has ever done it before. Some have made it to the superbowl with multiple teams, but not won it. 

If MM can coach Moore on red zone offense or just even assist him on that our offense could really be insane. Cause Moore really had everything else covered 

should we have another thread for assistants?

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313 I guess we both need new sigs.  

Good call. Deleted the last one... Dont know what is next. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I actually dont think any HC has ever done it before. Some have made it to the superbowl with multiple teams, but not won it. 

That is technically correct. Weeb Ewbank came close but he straddled the two eras.

8 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think he has 2 to make it to the Superbowl before Jerry becomes restless again.

Before *plan9 becomes restless again 

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Before *plan9 becomes restless again 

We could win the next 5 Super Bowls, and Plan9 would still hate Jerry.