2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Go look at the contract info for Hargrave, they are only paying him like 5 million this year

I'm just saying what their averages will be, but yeah I kinda expected his to be lower the first year. 

Should we front load Slay's deal if we trade for him? Make it more manageable to get out by year 3 with minimal cap hit if he is declining?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I guess they’re really banking on a great draft. Which I don’t have any faith in at all if Roseman is leading the charge 

I'm really interested to see what we do with the secondary because it was very clearly the worst unit on the team and probably the worst secondary in the NFL and all we've done is lost the best player and re-signed two meh guys. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm just saying what their averages will be, but yeah I kinda expected his to be lower the first year. 

Should we front load Slay's deal if we trade for him? Make it more manageable to get out by year 3 with minimal cap hit if he is declining?

Howie can stay on as my capologist to make it work lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

I'm really interested to see what we do with the secondary because it was very clearly the worst unit on the team and probably the worst secondary in the NFL and all we've done is lost the best player and re-signed two meh guys. 

That's the new Philly Special

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Need Trufant up in here badly man. He'd be a massive signing for us. Him and Kevin Johnson or something. Honestly I wouldn't even be mad if we brought back Darby if we signed Trufant. Go ahead stone me.

It's bad enough we already resigned two players from the worst secondary in the NFL why the hell not make it 3. 

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

It's bad enough we already resigned two players from the worst secondary in the NFL why the hell not make it 3. 

I mean considering what's left at corner sans Trufant, it's probably better we bring back somebody with familiarity. I mean idk, like there's nothing left on the corner list.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm cautiously excited to see what Howie has up his sleeve. We all know it's gonna be something big man. Just have no idea what.

I think we can keep telling ourselves that, but I think that's just to make ourselves feel better. 

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm cautiously excited to see what Howie has up his sleeve. We all know it's gonna be something big man. Just have no idea what.

Didn't we think the same thing last year woth every high priced FA but disappointed?

Already signed this years Malik Jackson in Hargrave. Not expecting much TBH.

27 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I mean considering what's left at corner sans Trufant, it's probably better we bring back somebody with familiarity. I mean idk, like there's nothing left on the corner list.

Isnt Logan Ryan a free agent? Havent heard a peep about teams interested.

Best as a slot guy, but can play outside.

Edited by DeJack_10