2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, that 1st is earmarked for a WR, trade up or not. But Barnett and a third and some 2021 draft stock for Yannick is my dream. Draft Winfield in the 2nd and I won’t care what they do for the rest of the year. 

Yeah as long as we keep the 1st to make sure we get a WR, I'm 100% on making a move for Yannick.
Would be nuts to see a great pass rusher with speed coming of the edge in this scheme, instead of all the mush rushers.

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly at this point if we don't get Slay I'd rather just watch Jones and Maddox start outside with LeBlanc in the slot. Let the young guys get a whole season in out there.

Wouldn't mind a Patrick Robinson type veteran in that scenario (someone with potential but cheap)

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly at this point if we don't get Slay I'd rather just watch Jones and Maddox start outside with LeBlanc in the slot. Let the young guys get a whole season in out there.

If nothing else happens bring back Darby. Why not just reassemble the worst secondary in the NFL and see if they are actually that bad. 

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm just happy we could possibly have a guy who we can say: "Go cover Amari" and forget about it. Been a long time since we've had that bona fide guy to cover these star receivers.

yeah, if he bounces back and can do it for these 3 years...it's great.
A corner who can mirror and make a play on the ball, been a long long time since we had anything close.

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Really depends on what we are trading. By all accounts he declined last year, but could've been Patricia being a crappy coach.
A half Slay is 100% better than anything we've trotted out there in yeaaaaarrss tho 

I think he was battling injuries most of the year, not that that is any better considering the training staff he is about to walk in to. 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

yeah, if he bounces back and can do it for these 3 years...it's great.
A corner who can mirror and make a play on the ball, been a long long time since we had anything close.

Yup and I like that he's not actually 30 until next January. So we'll potentially have him for his age 29, 30, 31 and 32 seasons.