2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah, and with that in mind, I'm open to the thought of further experimentation with him outside, but I still feel he'd be best allocated playing in the slot.

And I think that's fine. Honestly ideally he would be in the slot. But to totally dismiss any idea of him growing into a solid CB2 is short sighted. I'm really trying to find a way to get him and LeBlanc on the field at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

June 1st Alshon this year.
June 1st BG next year.
Restructure Brooks and Cox.

Salary cap should go up roughly $30M (regular $10M or so annual growth and the addition of the increased revenue from 17 games and players share)

We can be at almost $65M in cap space next year from doing those moves.

Oh, I forgot if we June 1st Malik Jackson next season that's another $10M

We can make cap space no problem.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

And I think that's fine. Honestly ideally he would be in the slot. But to totally dismiss any idea of him growing into a solid CB2 is short sighted. I'm really trying to find a way to get him and LeBlanc on the field at the same time.

I like LeBlanc as well, hopefully we don't get TC messed with too much from COVID and we can see what works and what doesn't. The problem still remains though that Gym Shorts sucks at utilizing corners to their proper potential.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

I will give you that. 

Every time he's gone up against a bigger physical guy who's a #1 for their team he gets roasted. Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Julio Jones.

I know they are trying to trade Rasul but if they don't I like the idea of Avonte, Rasul and Sidney being the #2  based on the type of WR they would face.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

I know they are trying to trade Rasul but if they don't I like the idea of Avonte, Rasul and Sidney being the #2  based on the type of WR they would face.

That's also a decent take. Put Rasul on the Big X guys. Who gets the twitchy guys and who gets the deep threats between Sidney and Avonte?

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like LeBlanc as well, hopefully we don't get TC messed with too much from COVID and we can see what works and what doesn't. The problem still remains though that Gym Shorts sucks at utilizing corners to their proper potential.

Yeah I'm afraid of all the OTAs etc not happening like Schefter said. He needs to not play our corners 10 yards off the ball. Sure as Hell better not mess up Slay with that garbage.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I'm afraid of all the OTAs etc not happening like Schefter said. He needs to not play our corners 10 yards off the ball. Sure as Hell better not mess up Slay with that garbage.

That frustrates me so much. I understand that sort of play on 3rd and very long like 3rd and 12 or more, but on 3rd and 5 you're just asking for a slant or a hitch.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

That frustrates me so much. I understand that sort of play on 3rd and very long like 3rd and 12 or more, but on 3rd and 5 you're just asking for a slant or a hitch.

Yup, maybe he did that a lot bc he knew the corners were bad and they needed cushion. Now with Slay maybe he won't feel that way. I wonder how much influence Manuel will have on this and other things.

58 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sidney showed something finally last year, him developing finally would be so huge

Sidney showed something in our playoff game, and that was it. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, but he needs to show he can stay healthy more than anything else.

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sidney showed something in our playoff game, and that was it. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come, but he needs to show he can stay healthy more than anything else.

yeah the back half of the year he finally seemed to show confidence and made some plays.
Could be nothing, but I hope for us and him he can build on that.