2020 Offseason News and Discussion - Bargain Hunting

Kiltman

36 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No nothing official, just seen rumors on twitter that we’re working to make it happen and there is mutual interest. 

Okay, and I see Gunn says it's only a matter of time. Also said Peters only returns as a starter.

8 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup, I've heard very few ppl use sound reasoning as to understanding why we took Reagor over Jefferson. That just shows me they really don't know much about our team and specific fits we were looking for.

They also seem to be ignoring the fact Reagor is a ST RT man as well?  Something Jefferson was not! Between Jalen and Hightower its possible they just added there PR/KR as well.

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

JP and Clement back? Nothing like bringing back unreliable/injury prone players. 

Nothing wrong with bringing back Clement. He's 3rd on the depth chart, young, and cheap.

8 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

JP and Clement back? Nothing like bringing back unreliable/injury prone players. 

This doesn’t really apply to Clemens, but I thought moving on from older veterans was the theme for this offseason? These guys can’t help themselves with Peters 

Just now, Scalamania said:

He's missed 17 games over the past two years. Who cares how young and cheap you are when you're not reliable? 

You forget what he did when healthy? Dude's a baller, if he gets hurt we can just get someone else easy.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

You forget what he did when healthy? Dude's a baller, if he gets hurt we can just get someone else easy.

He has 895 career yards and 8 TDs over three years. What a baller indeed. 

He was great for the playoff run and in the Super Bowl but there was no reason to bring him back. Continuing to bring in/bring back these injury prone/unreliable guys is how we end up getting all these bottom of the barrel PS players getting meaningful snaps. 

Edited by Scalamania

15 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

This doesn’t really apply to Clemens, but I thought moving on from older veterans was the theme for this offseason? These guys can’t help themselves with Peters 

I really don't understand what this team has against Dillard. 

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I really don't understand what this team has against Dillard. 

Idk what anybody has against the dude. Jimmy Kempski out here trying to sabotage the dude's career nitpicking a few plays where he struggled on. An exercise that can be performed on literally any player in the history of the NFL, and any other sport for that matter. I watched every snap of him on gamepass, and came away very impressed. Some ppl don't like to use context with Dillard such as: he was a rookie, he was thrown into games, his worst game was at RT, etc. and he still played well. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I distinctly remember people here (not saying ppl here are down on him) and on the pods I listen to and articles I read (people who are down on him) who wanted to keep Dillard at LT even when JP was back healthy because of how well Dillard was playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He was great for the playoff run and in the Super Bowl but there was no reason to bring him back. Continuing to bring in/bring back these injury prone/unreliable guys is how we end up getting all these bottom of the barrel PS players getting meaningful snaps. 

You're missing the point. He's little risk high reward. 

He's also a good factor in the receiving game out of the backfield. He's a good #3 RB, better than any other #3 you'll be able to obtain right now anyways. There's little reason not to bring him in, if he goes down just sign whoever you'd bring in right now anyways.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He was signed to a 1 year 800k contract. Its not prohibitive in anyway, he could easily be cut with no consequences. But if hes healthy, Clement has shown hes a playmaker as a role player and he knows the offense.

• Like 2

Why are you guys assuming either Clement or Peters are guaranteed a roster spot let alone Starting? They're not. Peters is not Starting unless its proven hes better then Dillard. If so, I'm fine with it, concerned slightly about Dillards progression but I think it's more a security blanket more then anything.