Coaching Staff

CAPJ

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember tons of Cowboy fans claiming he was the best DL coach in the NFL awhile ago. Is this still the case? He has helped develop some good players and I was surprised he wasn't retained. Was it due to his age or what?

He is FANTASTIC with the DL. Just don't let him draft your guys.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember tons of Cowboy fans claiming he was the best DL coach in the NFL awhile ago. Is this still the case? He has helped develop some good players and I was surprised he wasn't retained. Was it due to his age or what?

Marinelli is going to be great for your DL most likely. No DC duties and he can focus on what he does best

• Like 1

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

So I know Garrett wasn't it as a HC but can I get some thoughts on if he'd be a solid/good OC?

It sounds like there's some rumblings there's a good chance he may end up being the guy for us there.

Truthfully, we just don't know.

His rapid ascent into a Head Coach - and the length of which remained as one clouds what and how he would act without all the additional duties.

He has his playbooks he likes, and his tendencies are strong. He's more conservative than aggressive - but it has been a really long time since he has called plays.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, eagles suck said:

Still doesn't make sense. 2007 -2008 we had TO, Miles Austin and Jason Witten. Our Rb was Barber and Felix Jones. Tell me would you not be more pass dominant in this situation? Also remember Barbers career was short lived from his physicality. After Dallas what did Felix Jones and Tashard Choice make of themselves? This is like saying the Chiefs should run the ball more this year. 

What doesn't make sense? We were bottom of the league in rush attempts when he was OC. You can argue all you want that it was a good decision on his part, but that wasn't the debate. You are moving the goal posts. 

"We ran the ball all the time with Garrett."

---"No we didn't. Here are the numbers"

"Well that was a good decision! Look at the WRs. You don't make sense!"

Ok.

Also, the year we ranked 25th in rush attempts, Tony Romo was hurt for 4 weeks in the middle of the season. So MBIII might not have been a bad play. That was felix Jones' rookie year and he was averaging 8.9 yards per attempt but hardly touched the ball. 5.9 yards per attempt the next year and barely got 100 touches.

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:
2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Tampa-2 defense; single gap penetration, openly ignores the NT position, very little blitzing, and most of the defense will flow through your LBs.

We havent run Tampa 2 in years. Our base was cover 3. Our DL was the only unit to exceed their talent level. Rod is a fantastic hire for you guys. But Plan is right about the NT thing. Dude refuses to invest in fat guys. He likes quick twitch 1 gappers.  

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, WizardHawk said:

Confirmed hires so far....

HC - Mike McCarthy
OC - Kellen Moore
DC - Mike Nolan
ST - John Fassel

QB - Doug Nussmeier
RB - Skip Peete
WR - 
TE - Lunda Wells
OL - Joe Philbin