Head Coaches on the hotseat for 2020

49ersfan

Which Head Coaches are at risk of being let go if they suffer a bad season? Off the top of my head...

Jets - Adam Gase

Jaguars - Doug Marrone

Chargers - Anthony Lynn

Bears - Matt Nagy

Lions - Matt Patricia 

Falcons - Dan Quinn

I'm sure some of these guys will bounce back and not all of them will be fired, but i think if each of these coaches has a bad season, they'll be let go. I think some of these guys could have been let go this offseason, but it seems like the decision makers didn't like this year's OC/DC candidates as evidenced by 4/5 of the open HC slots being taken by 2 former HC's, a college HC, and a ST coordinator.

Note - i didn't include Bengals HC Zac Taylor because i'm pretty sure Mike Brown doesn't like firing coaches before their contract expires....

Gonna go out on a limb and say Mike McCarthy. I know you shouldn't expect much from the first year.

But much like his hiring process I don't think Jerry is going to be patient with him for long. I'm sure he already expects a playoff berth with a possible run. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Frank Reich, Kliff Kingsbury, Bruce Arians, Doug Pederson could also make the list.

I disagree with all four of these. Can you explain your logic? Pederson won a SB two years ago and has made the playoffa every single year. 

Reich was up for coach of the year midseason. Give that man a QB. As I been saying all year, Jacoby is utter garbage. Terrible. 

Kingsbury has turned around that Arizona team. Same for Arians and TB. 

I see Pederson getting 3+ more seasons at least. And Kliff, Reich, Arians will also get three more full seasons. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Frank Reich, Kliff Kingsbury, Bruce Arians, Doug Pederson could also make the list.

Doubt it. All of those guys would have to win only like 2-3 games for that to be a possibility.

Reich was doing great and then Luck retired. He still did a respectable job with a mediocre QB.

Kingsbury helped improve Arizona quite a bit this year. They'd have to regress big time for him not to get a third year.

Arians got Tampa to 7-9 in his first year. I don't know what else you were expecting from them.

The Eagles have obviously disappointed the past couple of years, but Pederson has done a good job considering the amount of injuries the Eagles have had.

Like I said, I'd be shocked if any of those guys are fired next year unless they massively underachieve.

• Like 1