Head Coaches on the hotseat for 2020

49ersfan

26 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Pederson's Super Bowl is going to keep him in Philly long after his expiration date.

Pederson is like a Twinkie. There is no expiration date. Still coaching in nuclear fallout in 2086

Edited by Gannon12
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Pederson is like a Twinkie. There is no expiration date. Still coaching in nuclear fallout in 2086

And I mean that in that way because he finally brought a football championship to Philadelphia. No way they **** can Pederson

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's been a good, not great coach, as of this moment in time, there's no reason for him to even be considered on the hot seat.

Oh I agree. Anyone that thinks he'll be fired is nuts. But what I mean is, even when it becomes clear that Pederson isn't going to win a 2nd title, that title is going to keep him anchored in Philly.

Like I said though my list of EXTREMELY unlikely 5 was just a response to the post right above mine or a couple above mine that suggested thered be surprises, honestly those are the only surprises I think are even remotely possible and they wont happen. But those would be the 5 that would surprise me. The guys who are realistic candidates, none of them would surprise me tbh.

Quinn, Marrone, Patricia, Browns HC, Gase, Lynn are the 6 I'm looking at the hardest. 

Depending on which Texans fan you ask, BOB. 

Kingsbury probably won't be canned but could feel his seat getting uncomfortably warm if things don't work out in Arizona. If Murray's career goes sideways in a Mayfield-like manner, I don't think Kliff has the clout and reputation to assuage concerns. 

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

Pederson's Super Bowl is going to keep him in Philly long after his expiration date.

Can that expiration date at least include a losing season or two in a row before being stupidly mentioned by others? Damn!

There are coaches that have spent decades in the NFL and not achieved what he has in his first 4 years. I mean Hell isn't that what the Rest of the NFCE Owners are banking on with the hires of McCarthy, Rivera and Judge? 3 Playoff appearances,  two Division titles and a SB Ring?

Pederson is about as Safe a HC as there is in the NFL baring some unforeseen scandal, Rightfully So!!!

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Frank Reich, Kliff Kingsbury, Bruce Arians, Doug Pederson could also make the list.

Doug won’t unless for some reason he loses the lockerroom.

Which he hasn’t the last 3 injury riddled years that netted 1 championship and 3 playoff appearances.

The rest of the staff won’t get that confidence though 

Nagy is a complicated one. Went to the playoffs in his first season and looked solid outside of a terrible offense. Then followed that (and an embarrassing playoff loss in which they did essentially nothing to replace a poor kicker) with a slighter worse defense and a horrendous offense. A lot of bears fans have lost hope for him at least on offense but I feel like he’ll be able to turn it around a bit. The playoffs in year one have to count for something. He’s probably one of the stronger coaches on the hot seat if he is on the hot seat, but anything less than a 10 W season and he’s probably getting the boot in this day and age 

7 hours ago, tgrades3 said:

If the Steelers disappoint & Ben retires. Would they start fresh?

Tomlin's contract is set to expire after the 2021 season.  So is Kevin Colbert's.  Bens contract also ends after 2021.  

They wont be fired, but I wouldnt dismiss the possibility of them letting Tomlin and Colbert walk if we have two more underwhelming years.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Depending on which Texans fan you ask, BOB.

Should be, but almost certainly won't be. In spite of common recognition of his ineptness, his record is still good enough that the McNair family (Cal seems to be cut from the same cloth as his father, being generally pretty loyal and slow to act) is unlikely to keel haul him unless the bottom completely falls out. And that'd probably require Deshaun Watson to get injured, which would then give him a pass for another year. I'm almost resigned to Watson continuing to waste under mediocrity...