Head Coaches on the hotseat for 2020

49ersfan

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have no idea how Dan Quinn kept his job. 

And I agree with your list . Just about all of those guys are playoffs or bust right now. 

Blank put more stock into the 2nd half of the season than the 1st half. There was a report that Blank was actually preparing to fire Quinn during the bye week but was talked out of it - to wait until the Saints game. Falcons miraculously won that game, so that bought him some time. It was the SF victory that let him keep his job, if some Falcons beat reporters are to be believed. 

He cited Sean Payton going 7-9 three straight years, even though those aren't even remotely comparable scenarios (Payton is an all-time great coach with a ring, Quinn is mediocre at best and blew his chance at a ring). He basically said he assumes that the Falcons will play in 2020 like they did in the 2nd half of the season - which I strongly disagree with (I think the 6-2 finish was mostly fool's gold), but I'm not Blank, I don't get to make those decisions.

Also, take a look at our schedule for 2020. It's brutal.

for-beek_B

That road schedule is death row. They could easily go winless, 0-8 on the road. I don't even think the Falcons are significantly better than the Broncos/Lions/Raiders/Bears/Chargers of the world, so this schedule is actually quite brutal. There's no way Quinn wins enough games in 2020 to keep his job, this screams another 7-9 job at best. And honestly, if we went 7-9 with this schedule and how bad our roster is, I'd be downright impressed!

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

Blank put more stock into the 2nd half of the season than the 1st half. He cited Sean Payton going 7-9 three straight years, even though those aren't even remotely comparable scenarios (Payton is an all-time great coach with a ring, Quinn is mediocre at best and blew his chance at a ring). He basically said he assumes that the Falcons will play in 2020 like they did in the 2nd half of the season - which I strongly disagree with (I think the 6-2 finish was mostly fool's gold), but I'm not Blank, I don't get to make those decisions.

Also, take a look at our schedule for 2020. It's brutal.

for-beek_B

That road schedule is death row. They could easily go winless, 0-8 on the road. I don't even think the Falcons are significantly better than the Broncos/Lions/Raiders/Bears/Chargers of the world, so this schedule is actually quite brutal. There's no way Quinn wins enough games in 2020 to keep his job, this screams another 7-9 job at best. And honestly, if we went 7-9 with this schedule and how bad our roster is, I'd be downright impressed!

Oh I see what he did. His new HC woulda looked bad his first season. Let Quinn look awful with this schedule and hire his guy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Adam isnt on the hot seat in 2020. He is securing the position in 2020 while the Jets decide who they want to add to their coaching search list. He is a trash HC, he will be fired at the end of 2021.

Idk if the jets can't get to .500 season I can see them moving on. It's a big year for Darnold. He's got to a big jump forward.

• Like 1

Well we did want Kubiak for OC after 2018, but Denver blocked us and then he want to Minnesota. After that, we settled for Dirk Koetter and I've grown to hate him and everything in life ever since.

Edited by Hukos
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I disagree with all four of these. Can you explain your logic? Pederson won a SB two years ago and has made the playoffa every single year. 

Reich was up for coach of the year midseason. Give that man a QB. As I been saying all year, Jacoby is utter garbage. Terrible. 

Kingsbury has turned around that Arizona team. Same for Arians and TB. 

I see Pederson getting 3+ more seasons at least. And Kliff, Reich, Arians will also get three more full seasons. 

We are talking about possibilities are we not? Someone said they thought there would be some surprise names. I listed a few guys that I'd find extremely surprising. Itd require the sky to fall for.those teams.imo

4 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Jets - Adam Gase

Fun fact. The Jets finished the season 6-2. The Jets were 7-6 when Darnold played. I don't think Gase's seat is as hot as most people think, but he could still be gone if things don't pan out well.

Doug Pederson isn't the greatest coach in the world by and stretch of the imagination. 

But to make the playoffs in the last 3 years, especially this year with the barrage of injuries that we've had is pretty unprecedented. And for christ's sake, the dude actually won a super bowl in philly lmao.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Doug Pederson isn't the greatest coach in the world by and stretch of the imagination. 

But to make the playoffs in the last 3 years, especially this year with the barrage of injuries that we've had is pretty unprecedented. And for christ's sake, the dude actually won a super bowl in philly lmao.

Pederson's Super Bowl is going to keep him in Philly long after his expiration date.

13 minutes ago, Hukos said:

Pederson's Super Bowl is going to keep him in Philly long after his expiration date.

He's been a good, not great coach, as of this moment in time, there's no reason for him to even be considered on the hot seat.