BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That's also a very valid question. He may very well try to pull an Elway/Eli, but I'm not sure what he'd be willing to do to avoid the Jets...let's remember that Elway had baseball to threaten them with. (I always loved the story of Bo Jackson screwing the Bucs after they screwed him out of his last year at Auburn for baseball btw, but not a good comparison here.) Plus, the other factor to consider is, even if he forced his way out, he'd be boxing himself into a situation where his current team has given up, in all likelihood, a king's ransom to get him, making it also a less than desirable team to play for.

About the only desirable situation I could see that ending up for him would be if Dallas tagged/traded Dak to the NY Jets in a package to move up to get Lawrence to lessen the blow for the Franchise and surround him with a ton of offensive firepower and a decent, albeit not nearly as dominant as 3 years ago OL.

I really like having Mwil in the league he is going to bring a lot of good discussion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

@MWil23 you can vote in all the matchups also that aren’t involving OKC

Yeah, I should probably figure out how to go about navigating all of this. 1088 pages in this thread, plus about 5 other threads and then Google Sheets. I feel like I've been thrown into the ocean without ever having a swimming lesson.

I also propose a name change for our team name @Blue and swift relocation. I'd be tempted to make a "Grammar Nazi" joke here given our backgrounds, but that's probably a hard NO. 

I'd like to propose the Mexico City Aztecs. The fifth biggest city in the world deserves an NFL Franchise, and we would honor our heritage and reference our ties to the Templo Mayor 13th century temple. Possible logos are as follows:

450?cb=20090915124255

947-9474141_a-history-the-rise-of-the-az

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, I should probably figure out how to go about navigating all of this. 1088 pages in this thread, plus about 5 other threads and then Google Sheets. I feel like I've been thrown into the ocean without ever having a swimming lesson.

Just hang around the sharks for a bit...   you'll find out which ones to avoid and which ones are okay.

That's how I've been going about it at least.  

• Like 1

Got busy the last few days so I haven't had a chance to do much with this but I plan to work on it this evening.

@bcb1213 I removed it from the new one because it was missing several names.  Updated the list and put it in the player database sheet in the manual entry column so that it would display on the team sheets.

If I did something wrong or if you want it reverted just let me know.

Really could use some help with making sure things are set up the way you need them.  A lot of the changes I made was based on my memory of how it was when I was more involved.

@Jlash are you saying you don't have access to the new workbook or the original one?  If the latter I'm not sure what happened there I never touched that section but in the one I posted up for testing no one has editing rights to locked pages yet.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Got busy the last few days so I haven't had a chance to do much with this but I plan to work on it this evening.

@bcb1213 I removed it from the new one because it was missing several names.  Updated the list and put it in the player database sheet in the manual entry column so that it would display on the team sheets.

If I did something wrong or if you want it reverted just let me know.

Really could use some help with making sure things are set up the way you need them.  A lot of the changes I made was based on my memory of how it was when I was more involved.

@Jlash are you saying you don't have access to the new workbook or the original one?  If the latter I'm not sure what happened there I never touched that section but in the one I posted up for testing no one has editing rights to locked pages yet.

Yea I meant the new one, no worries. Wasn't sure if the original workbook was still being used or the one you posted the link to recently.

Just now, Jlash said:

Yea I meant the new one, no worries. Wasn't sure if the original workbook was still being used or the one you posted the link to recently.

The new one still has some major issues with the html links to spotrac.  Trying to see if I can't find a way to fix it.

• Like 2