BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll pay his salary. I signed him as a shark tank guy without realizing he opted out so ill just eat that bullet.

Did you assign him as an Opt Out?  If so, he would be 350 (250?) and his contract rolls to next year.  Everyone made decisions on these and can not be changed once made.

Just now, pheltzbahr said:

Did you assign him as an Opt Out?  If so, he would be 350 (250?) and his contract rolls to next year.  Everyone made decisions on these and can not be changed once made.

Idk. I didn't even know he opted out at all or I wouldn't have even signed him. I signed him because I needed OT depth. But he ain't staying on my roster next season that's not even up for debate.

Just now, Counselor said:

I’m gonna kick you in the shins just like I’m doing to your team trying to tank with Jared Goff

Well technically I got your D in the exact formation I wanted with the 4 wide all game.... I’d put up some points with Goff.   My defense is another story

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

@EaglesPeteC are you intending to relocate or rename the Portland Horned Owls?

@Blue what region of the world are you relocating to?

Ideally I’d like to move to where I live which is Raleigh. Gotta represent Sir Wally. I have to think of a clever team name though....

You all let me know when I gotta make the move official and I’ll come up with something 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Ideally I’d like to move to where I live which is Raleigh. Gotta represent Sir Wally. I have to think of a clever team name though....

You all let me know when I gotta make the move official and I’ll come up with something 

You can do it as soon as the season ends.

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Just so everyone is aware, changing your team location doesn't mean you're changing your division.

When I took over London I liked the location, but needed a fresh start to stamp the franchise as 'mine'. I think relocation with respect to your division location makes sense... forcing the rest of your division to fly to the opposite side of the world is probably a **** move but I agree shouldn't change division alignment.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

When I took over London I liked the location, but needed a fresh start to stamp the franchise as 'mine'. I think relocation with respect to your division location makes sense... forcing the rest of your division to fly to the opposite side of the world is probably a **** move but I agree shouldn't change division alignment.

Having to fly to Antarctica sucks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:

Just so everyone is aware, changing your team location doesn't mean you're changing your division.

Who said anything about changing divisions. In fact I'm changing my location now so it makes sense in the division I am in. Because right now, it doesn't, at all. 

But with that in mind we aren't doing another realignment as far as I can tell so when teams are relocated moving forward, they need to make sense geographically to their division.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 1