BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

13 hours ago, Blue said:

Bradley Anae got drafted, but not Josiah Deguara or Justin Herron?

giphy.gif

Sternberger has lead on starting spot for GB, Herron is buried and Pats drafted a guard ahead of him as well. Anae was a projected 3rd rd pick; had stellar college production and is projected to be the starting edge

11 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I figure bcb, JLash, and Ted will get it knocked out in the next couple weeks or so.  

10 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I have zero clue how to add people to the database so I think we're leaning on ted for that one 

Same. I talked to Ted about it a couple weeks ago and his internet access is sporadic right now.

3 minutes ago, PR said:

Is the 5th year option a 3up? I can't remember?

Reason I ask is Peppers just got exercised

No, after this year you can resign him to 75% of the 5th year option.  But it's not a 3Up.  I just did it with Rankins.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

No, after this year you can resign him to 75% of the 5th year option.  But it's not a 3Up.  I just did it with Rankins.

5th year options do count as 3 Ups, they are a placeholder if a contract is extended during the season

12 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

5th year options do count as 3 Ups, they are a placeholder if a contract is extended during the season

Actually check with SirA, they don't.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This is correct.

15 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

If the player is on a 5th year tender it doesn't count as a 3 Up but has all the benefits of a 3 Up for purposes of extensions during the season.

• 5th Year Options (Start of Off-Season until beginning of BDL FA)

• If a real life NFL 1st round player is tendered their 5th year option a team can match it at 75% without using one of their 3 Ups for the year.

• Players under a 3 Up/5th year option for a single year, upon signing a new contract in the NFL can have their BDL contract be updated to reflect the change.

Edited by SirA1