BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

Something I find rather neat is none of my starting five offensive lineman have given up a sack or committed a penalty in the two games so far. Now I know it won’t last all season and they likely have given up pressures I don’t know about (don’t have that stat) but it’s nice to see so far. 

• Like 3

Send to Me

Gotham Gashslayers @ Lancaster Werewolves

Cuba Smugglers @ Camden Hood Rats

New Orleans Jazz @ Portland Horned Owls

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Oklahoma City EF5s

Send to @rackcs

Singapore Sentinels @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts 

Sacramento Sasquatch @ Seoul Dragons

Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Rome Eternals @ Hungary Hippos

• Like 3

That being said, the traditional 4 man fronts and even 6 men in the box that work against the high level QBs isn’t as effective as 3 man fronts with a lot of secondary help against Lamar Jackson types. The Chargers (2018 playoffs) were able to slow him down because of that, and the Titans (2019) had success doing the same. Having strong interior rushers or even solid pass rushers that hold the edge is not as impactful as having the speed and talent in the second level against guys who are the elusive types.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 7:37 PM, Jlash said:

Ahhhh the old "put my WR at RB" thing. Worked well for Blue. I realize it's just a goofy couple time wrinkle but stuff like that is pointless to me. OKC's defense matches up really well with most teams, but seems to match up especially well with Cuba. I think Albert Wilson might bust loose for a play or two but they won't keep up today.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:50 PM, MD4L said:

I did it with blue in mind. It’s a motion to put PP21 at LB and use it to run the running backs. Also sets screen pass opportunities.

@BlueI saw your post about WRs playing in the backfield and immediately remembered this exchange a while back. The strategy did not work for me either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

@BlueI saw your post about WRs playing in the backfield and immediately remembered this exchange a while back. The strategy did not work for me either.

I thought it worked well for Blue because getting the ball on some hand offs is something Woods does in real life. This isn't like playing Hopkins at tailback.

• Like 1