BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I'm still learning how to evaluate stuff (in relation to this league and the nfl).  

But, uh, what was that trade supposed to do, unless it was cap related. 

I'm pretty sure its cap related. I am guessing he is setting up for a trade that involves a player with a high cap hit like DeAndre Hopkins 

Singapore Small Trade Block

WR Cole Beasley

WR Anthony Miller

OG Nate Davis

OC Weston Richburg

OT Chuma Edoga

Edge Charles Harris

Edge Ben Banogu

Edge Haason Reddick

CB Isaiah Johnson

CB Tre Flowers

CB Holton Hill

S Shawn Williams

In season trades are usually what elevates teams to the championship. It’s happened frequently in recent years and looks to be happening again. After Russell got traded, it’s fair to say our expectations have already been greatly expanded.

After a frantic couple of days in which a number of trades were executed, General Manager Luke Lukic was seen only just leaving the Jazz facilities in Metairie near midnight. While he couldn't be reached for comment, there was a sense that the recent trades were only the beginning of what will be a frantic lead-up to the trade deadline. It has been speculated that another superstar may very well be on their way to New Orleans before the deadline following a series of trades which have opened up several thousand in cap space.

Despite being heavily favored to once again win the Midwest division throughout the off-season and starting the season 3-0, a devastating injury toll and tough schedule has seen the Jazz slump to 3-3 with a number of difficult matches remaining on their schedule. While there is no sense of panic yet in New Orleans, especially with star receiver Michael Thomas edging towards a return, another couple of setbacks could see one of the perennial contenders fall out of the playoff race. 

It's an interesting time in New Orleans and we will report any further news as it breaks.

👀👀👀

• Like 1