How would you feel if Haskins isn’t the starter?

turtle28

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

That's a big statement since he was so slow to pick up Gruden's offense last year . :S

It didn’t help that Gruden didn’t actually show him the inside of the playbook until right before the 5th series of the Giants game 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only scrappy underdogs with weaker arms than Gruden himself get to see the playbook. That’s the rule. Why do you think he chose to go to Jacksonville?? 😂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

That's a big statement since he was so slow to pick up Gruden's offense last year . :S

He wasn’t slow to pick up Grudens offense. Jay wanted nothing to do with him. He relegated him to scout team. He had zero intentions of playing Dwayne and knew he was gone anyway so he just played Case and eventually Colt. 

I’ll add this. I think a lot of people that are down on Haskins gave him no shot to begin with. He wasn’t the guy they wanted and no matter the growth he had shown in those last 3-4 games they simply didn’t care. I think Dwayne is going to be good, great even. I believe a couple years down the road we’ll be looking back at that draft and be extremely thankful the owner made them pick him. 

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He wasn’t slow to pick up Grudens offense. Jay wanted nothing to do with him. He relegated him to scout team. He had zero intentions of playing Dwayne and knew he was gone anyway so he just played Case and eventually Colt. 

If I was a head coach and knew I had to make the playoffs or I was going to get fired, I wouldn't want a rookie QB either.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If I was a head coach and knew I had to make the playoffs or I was going to get fired, I wouldn't want a rookie QB either.

I agree and that’s why I wanted Jay fired that off-season. It made no sense to bring him back with an ultimatum. It’s like bringing a GM back who you know you’re firing the next season and he makes desperate trades. It’s silly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree and that’s why I wanted Jay fired that off-season. It made no sense to bring him back with an ultimatum. It’s like bringing a GM back who you know you’re firing the next season and he makes desperate trades. It’s silly. 

It worked out long-term though.  I'd take Rivera over any 2019 HC hire.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I'll be the first to admit that, while I think there are better coordinators out there than Norv's son, I think the combination of Scott, Kyle Allen and Ken Zampese will be able to help Haskins get a better grasp on the offense than Jay Gruden did.  Zampese alone with his decades of coaching experience is going to make a big difference.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Have any of you seen the condition of Alex Smith’s leg? OMG! Alex Smith wants to play again and I’m no Dr but there’s no way he plays again. 17 surgeries and his leg looks jacked. Feel bad for him, Dan probably give him some job in the organization. 

I saw the picture of it from 4 days after the injury. One of the gnarliest things I’ve ever seen. Legitimately should not be posted on the internet without at least a warning. 

No idea how he’s even able to stand. God bless the guy.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Have any of you seen the condition of Alex Smith’s leg? OMG! Alex Smith wants to play again and I’m no Dr but there’s no way he plays again. 17 surgeries and his leg looks jacked. Feel bad for him, Dan probably give him some job in the organization. 

I told the guy that posted that that he shouldn’t be posting things like that, or something to that affect, not that he cares what I have to say, that guys just looking for Twitter retweets & likes.

I’ve never ever thought he was going to come back and play again after his leg injury. I was pretty far out in front on that. I agree with @e16bball, I’m just happy he’s able to stand and walk. He’s blessed to be able to do that.

Alex literally almost died because of the infection in his leg. He’s lucky to be alive.

I’ve definitely heard rumors from the guys on 980 that after this season Alex will retire and then take a job in the front office. He’ll probably be working under and with Kyle Smith. At least I hope so.

I feel bad for the way I was about Alex Smith honestly. He seems like a genuinely great human being and this wasn’t the outcome he deserved. He’s an extremely intelligent guy and I thought he has a bright future working in the teams front office. He’s a tough SOB that’s for sure. 

The crazy thing is if he doesn’t get hurt we probably pick Montez Sweat or Brian Burns at 15. We’re never bad enough to end up with Chase Young and Bruce and Jay are probably still here. It’s remarkable how one broken leg changed the course of the franchise so much. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I feel bad for the way I was about Alex Smith honestly. He seems like a genuinely great human being and this wasn’t the outcome he deserved. He’s an extremely intelligent guy and I thought he has a bright future working in the teams front office. He’s a tough SOB that’s for sure. 

The crazy thing is if he doesn’t get hurt we probably pick Montez Sweat or Brian Burns at 15. We’re never bad enough to end up with Chase Young and Bruce and Jay are probably still here. It’s remarkable how one broken leg changed the course of the franchise so much. 

You shouldn’t feel bad about being against Brice Allen’s decision to trade a 3rd & Fuller for Alex and only doing so bc Brice refused to pay to keep Kirk.

Alex wasn’t the QB any of us wanted in 2018. I surely accepted that it wasn’t the worst move to acquire him and I thought it would work out bc he was at least a great leader, accomplished vet and a good QB but it would’ve been better to just keep Kirk or to have kept our 2018 3rd, Fuller and just done what we did last year and gone with McCoy, another vet and a rookie we would have drafted in the 2018 draft for the 2018 season.

Totally crazy how things could have been different if Alex hadn’t gotten hurt for our 2018 & 2019 drafts.