The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

6 hours ago, soulman said:

FWIW here's a CB the Bears have shown an interest in.  All prospect meetings are held via Face Time.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kristian-fulton?id=32194655-4c73-3491-274a-7b3b8a1d4f92

Overview

Press-man cornerback whose 40 percent rate of completion as an LSU Tiger may not tell the entire story as an NFL prospect. Fulton has good size and is usually searching to make plays on the football. He plays with decent eye balance in off-coverage but can be a tad late with response time. Once he gets behind he tends to stay behind against multi-breaking routes and his long speed and recovery burst are below average. Fulton showed improvement throughout the year, but his confidence has been an issue at times. When the pros and cons are balanced, he appears to be a good backup with a chance to work up the ladder.

Kristian Fulton

Kristian Fulton

LSU
DB09

Prospect Info

College
LSU
Hometown
Class
New Orleans, LA
Senior

Height
Weight
Arms
6' 0"
197 lbs
30 5/8”
Hands
9 1/8”

I like Fulton...dude is either going to be a star or a big bust so no doubt there is risk there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Of guys I have seen and would be available in later rounds that I like for Bears I can only identify two so far:

1) Matt Peart OT Uconn  (CBS ranked 100)

2) Cheyenne O’Grady (CBS 152)

OG Ben Bredeson and OT/OG Jon Runyan Jr.  both make sense in the 4-6 range IMO given the Juan Castillo ties to 2019 Michigan football. Castillo was also the OL Coach for the Eagles all 9 seasons Jon Runyan Sr. was there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I am struggling for later round guys to really get behind this year as well.

There are a few guys I like late, and by late I mean rounds 5-UDFA. Braden Mann, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Jake Luton, Tyshun Render, Noah Jefferson, Trajan Bandy all come to mind. I also think Cam Akers will go top 50 and be a great player.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

KJ Hamler or Lloyd Cushenberry

OT, WR, CB and Chinn have gone

I am leaning elite speed and thinking we can get an OG at 50 or later?

There is a little Tavon Austin in Hamler as much as I think he coule be great if used right so I will probably go the other way and get the 2nd best centre in the draft.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

So I have clearly started ramping up the scouting of draft prospects...had a dream last night we came out of the 2nd with Ruiz at #43 & McKinney at #50...that would be pretty sweet 😂

Yes, it would be.  And here I was as the guy who was getting high last night.  :S  xD

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Fast is nice but "get open" and "catch" are better.  JMHO

From what I've seen, Hamler is not terrible in those departments. Maybe not what you'd like...but you hope coaching swoops in, improves the player. My big concern is that he's another midget. Although, he DID produce in the Big Ten, so maybe I'm simply being a Nervous Nellie on that aspect...

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

From what I've seen, Hamler is not terrible in those departments. Maybe not what you'd like...but you hope coaching swoops in, improves the player. My big concern is that he's another midget. Although, he DID produce in the Big Ten, so maybe I'm simply being a Nervous Nellie on that aspect...

I think he's referring to 5th-7th round options when he said that.

• Like 1