The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

He looks good, but he looks gimpy.  Guessing he is playing through some kind of an injury.  Hard to get a clear bead or eval on him with that.

I'd take him though as long as a doctor says he's good.

Definitely looks like he is a talent.   And is he Samoan?  Samoan players tend to have a higher overall success rate in my mind.  

Nigerian, I think. Thanks for the quick scouting report.

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Ever get around to watching some Wanogho?

There is a lot to work with there. When he explodes into someone it is wow.

I just hate how limited that Auburn offense is and what it does to their OLmen. Not enough pure pass blocking reps.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Nigerian, I think. Thanks for the quick scouting report.

Not much of one.  I'd say of very brief look he is a 2nd round grade because of positional value. 

I'd use my OT theory on him.  OTs are better than guards generally because coaches tend put better athletes there.

For big men when HS coach is deciding where to put them it goes DL/TE, OT, C, G in that order.   

So if you are a stud guard at a big time school I bet you played a different position in HS more often than not.

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Not much of one.  I'd say of very brief look he is a 2nd round grade because of positional value. 

I'd use my OT theory on him.  OTs are better than guards generally because coaches tend put better athletes there.

For big men when HS coach is deciding where to put them it goes DL/TE, OT, C, G in that order.   

So if you are a stud guard at a big time school I bet you played a different position in HS more often than not.

Yeah a quick look confirms that most all the top guard prospects were either 2 way players or OTs in HS.

Bold Statement...the OT with the best tape in this draft is Robert Hunt...level of competition is obviously a concern but when you watch him he is throwing guys to the ground in the run game or simply getting his hands on pass rushers and dominating them with pure strength...dude would be an outstanding RG next season and longer term an easy replacement for Massie down the line...if we took him in the 2nd I would be pretty thrilled based on what I am seeing from him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Bold Statement...the OT with the best tape in this draft is Robert Hunt...level of competition is obviously a concern but when you watch him he is throwing guys to the ground in the run game or simply getting his hands on pass rushers and dominating them with pure strength...dude would be an outstanding RG next season and longer term an easy replacement for Massie down the line...if we took him in the 2nd I would be pretty thrilled based on what I am seeing from him.

I'd be all over Hunt. A mean dude who could fit in perfectly at RG

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Love Hunt. Would be super happy with him in the 2nd.

RG in 2020 and maybe RT in 2021.

If you look up big and ugly in the dictionary he is there.

• Like 1

In this thread (or maybe another) I said to @soulman that I'd be willing to take SS if it was McKinney or Chinn (I didn't mention Delpit because that'd be a miracle if he fell to 43), but hoo boy, the more I watch Antoine Winfield the more impressed I am. He's like Tyrann Mathieu minus the question marks coming out. What a fun player to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Can't wait for this draft to be over so all the guessing games can come to a halt.

Trying to plot Pace's draft strategy is like like trying to figure out what women really want.

I feel like we can be relatively certain of a trade down. 

And picks from blue chip schools, and guys with connections to staff 

Probably another Georgia dawg - I’d put it at 7:1 personally