The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

4 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Or was it just that Cutler wasn't a franchise QB? We've seen other franchise QBs like Brady and Russell Wilson lead championship-level teams without great skill players.

The label "franchise QB" gets thrown around WAAYYY too loosely. Especially if anyone is calling Jay a franchise QB.

This guy had a top-3 OL and Marshall, Royal, and Stokely to throw to in Denver and he still had the same mental mistakes as he did throughout his career that held his teams down (things the stat sheet didn't show that most Bears fans became enamored with). 

All the talk here was "he needs help", so we surrounded him with  Marshall, Jeffery and Forte behind Garza, prime Long, and Bushrod (who was good in his first year here). I remember saying the same thing about him at the time as I did/do with Mitch....."no more excuses". And Jay bombed and bombed hard. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You're right. Odds are he won't be there at 43, but that would be a great pick.

I would be fine with a short move up for him of Josh Jones. LTs are hard to find, it is a deep draft, and the value of finding a rookie LT is insane when you consider the picks and money you usually need to invest.

• Like 1

If Bears get a real good OT in draft it will have been a good draft.   They are so hard to find.   

I think they could draft a future all pro HOFer and they will still start Leno and Massie in 2020.   

46 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I would be fine with a short move up for him of Josh Jones. LTs are hard to find, it is a deep draft, and the value of finding a rookie LT is insane when you consider the picks and money you usually need to invest.

I'd move up a few picks for only a handful of players, Jones and Jackson being two of them.

47 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And the bonus is I think he has more than enough potential to be the 2021 week 1 starter at RT

Agreed.

Ruiz

Jackson

Jones

Hunt

Those would be my top cloud of OLmen. I like Cushenberry as well, but I think he is too similar to Daniels, great athlete a little to light in the pants for what we need at RG.

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Agreed.

Ruiz

Jackson

Jones

Hunt

Those would be my top cloud of OLmen. I like Cushenberry as well, but I think he is too similar to Daniels, great athlete a little to light in the pants for what we need at RG.

Yeah, I'm not trading up for Cushenberry. I'd go up a few picks for Jones, Ruiz, Jackson, Delpit, Mims, and Love. That's it. Of course if something unforeseen happens with someone like Becton, Chaisson, Jeudy, etc I'd do that too

41 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Agreed.

Ruiz

Jackson

Jones

Hunt

You think all those guys are gone by 43? I doubt it.

Be interesting to see what they actually do.  They almost never take who we think they will or who we pound table for even if he is available.

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You think all those guys are gone by 43? I doubt it.

Be interesting to see what they actually do.  They almost never take who we think they will or who we pound table for even if he is available.

Hunt will be there at 43 if I had to bet. The others will most likely be gone

39 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think Hunt would be there at 50. Gun to my head I feel like our cloud of players at 43 could be 8 deep and you'll see us trade out of that pick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It never goes quite way you think.

Nobody was thinking Ferell at 4.

Few thought Giants were taking Jones at 6 until it leaked and a lot of people thought Jones was going in 2nd.  

Tytus Howard went way early.  Most had him as a third round prospect.   

N'keal Harry went earlier than most thought.   

DK Metcalf fell all the way to 64 and a lot of people had him as a first rounder and he probably should have been.  Ironically he was a trade from NE who had already taken Harry in first.

Metcalf is an example of first round graded WR who falls to 2nd for not a good enough reason.  Another example of what I was talking about earlier.   This is when you take those guys.  Seems to be one almost every year.